• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Announces New Dates for Delayed Anime Releases

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaiKeba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
The latest info I've read regarding Kanon 2+boxis that ADV has sold out and won't have more until March 24. I can't say if it has anything to do with Amazon orders, but it could explain it. I can't imagine what it must be like at ADV right now. With all of their backlogged re-supply orders as well as new releases, it must be crazy at their warehouse Shocked

Thank you for this information, Daedelus. Can you link me to where you are reading about this?

Yeah, it must be crazy at ADV right now. Well, if they are out of stock, and no more 'till the 24th, I guess that means my vol 2+box will be late, again, but at least I will get it. And that's a far better thought than the thoughts I had when I was thinking these series were gone forever. Whew!
HaiKeba

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:13 am Reply with quote
I pre-ordered Kanon volume 4. I used Roberrt's Anime Corner. I normally use Amazon. And while Amazon has generally been good, I decided to switch to a company that is focused on anime. Kanon volume 4 isn't listed as available for pre-order on Amazon, or wasn't last time I looked, which was 5 seconds ago Wink

So, I've got volume 1. Volume 2 + box is "out of stock," and volume 3 is sitting in the UPS warehouse here in my city, and should be in my hands tomorrow. 5 Centimeters Per Second is also sitting in the UPS warehouse, scheduled to deliver to me tomorrow (Monday). Just looked at Amazon, and it is now listing 5 CM as "usually ships in 2-4 weeks," which I have learned means, "temporarily out of stock." Guess I got one of the few copies that shipped this weekend.

Anyway, you can pre-order Kanon volume 4 through Robert's Anime Corner. The scheduled release date is in late May.

My thanks to Daedelus and others that pointed me to Robert's Anime Corner.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote
Well I haven't tried RACS yet so I just did preorder this as well since it's cheaper than RightStuf on this pre-order (shipping is a little higher though it seems like).
HaiKeba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote
My Kanon vol 3 and 5 Centimeters per Second just arrived. Now, if I can only get my Kanon volume 2+ box, I'll be caught up!
Ahasuerus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Kanon DVD 3 arrived from Amazon here as well; I'm wondering whether the majority of stock went to them or whether the other online stores simply didn't order as large a quantity? I saw a post elsewhere that indicated one of them was already out of stock after the recent restocking. And for ADV to be out of stock already on the artbox is surprising Shocked

Quote:
I also got Azumanga Daioh, but got it from Rightstuf. It's a good show, I like it. Hope you enjoy it, too! It's pertty funny~

That also came today; both were shipped on Friday so they came very fast (and were projected to arrive tomorrow). I guess a lot has to do with how close you are to the distribtion centers.

As for Azumanga Daioh, I've already watched it and frankly was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm in the ($$$-painful) process of buying all the outstanding official releases that I've downloaded in the past (such as AD, Last Exile, etc). Too bad I'm such a small drop in the bucket, but I believe that everyone can help the industry survive these rough times by putting their money where their mouths are Wink

Incidentally, I purchased a "GotAnime" card from RightStuf for $12; it seems that you can get some nice deals over the course of a year. Frankly, I feel more like being loyal to Robert's but I really have to watch the expenses Sad Lower prices = more purchases = support for the hobby, which at this time ought to be the focus... hope it's not too late.
HaiKeba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Ahasuerus wrote:
Kanon DVD 3 arrived from Amazon here as well; I'm wondering whether the majority of stock went to them or whether the other online stores simply didn't order as large a quantity? I saw a post elsewhere that indicated one of them was already out of stock after the recent restocking. And for ADV to be out of stock already on the artbox is surprising Shocked

Quote:
I also got Azumanga Daioh, but got it from Rightstuf. It's a good show, I like it. Hope you enjoy it, too! It's pertty funny~

That also came today; both were shipped on Friday so they came very fast (and were projected to arrive tomorrow). I guess a lot has to do with how close you are to the distribtion centers.

As for Azumanga Daioh, I've already watched it and frankly was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm in the ($$$-painful) process of buying all the outstanding official releases that I've downloaded in the past (such as AD, Last Exile, etc). Too bad I'm such a small drop in the bucket, but I believe that everyone can help the industry survive these rough times by putting their money where their mouths are Wink

Incidentally, I purchased a "GotAnime" card from RightStuf for $12; it seems that you can get some nice deals over the course of a year. Frankly, I feel more like being loyal to Robert's but I really have to watch the expenses Sad Lower prices = more purchases = support for the hobby, which at this time ought to be the focus... hope it's not too late.

Ah, may the Gods bless you for purchasing your anime! I only buy legitimate copies, myself. It IS hard on the wallet, but worth it in the long run.

I quickly became a huge fan of Azumanga Daioh. It's very funny.

I also have a GotAnime membership. There are some things are rightstuf that you can't get at Roberts, and vice versa.

At any rate, My Kanon 2 + Box shipped today! I'm finally caught up! (vol 4 is pre-ordered...from RAC).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10