• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 06-18-08

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
videomaster21XX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
Is there anyone besides me who knows about nothing of this Mushishi anime?

Well actually I remember one post saying they hadn't seen it...
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quote
I don't. I'm guessing the joke would be really funny if I did, but this is a wait-till-next-week one for me. Razz
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quote
videomaster21XX wrote:
Is there anyone besides me who knows about nothing of this Mushishi anime?

Well actually I remember one post saying they hadn't seen it...

Don't worry. You are not alone. I haven't seen it either...not even a small teaser clip.
Selkie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote
:p This reminded me of an urban legend show I watched recently. I would scream too if I had a dead spider in my ear! Shocked EW!

Now I'll never get to sleep. lol
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
You're sick Richard because I know EXACTLY where you're going with that. Laughing You should be ashamed of yourself heh. You know Nina would never suspect a thing either. Such a pervert.
Twisted Evil

I can't help myself. My brain is a dirty place. Oddly enough, it's also a place filled with adorable kittens. I'm equally likely to coo over how cute something is as I am to be perverse.

Good thing I never claimed to be sane right?

Psycho 101 wrote:
I wonder if Robin modeled another character there after you.... Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
I wish. I'd be insanely happy to have my likeness immortalized in this comic. (Seriously, I think people will remember Nina and her friends long after I'm worm chow.)

Also, isn't this a "pot calling the kettle" situation Mr. Psycho? After all, you did know where I was going with that post.

And for those who haven't seen Mushishi, I've only seen the first episode so a really deep knowledge of the series isn't necessary to make the comic great. Click here and take a look at the official site, this alone will let you catch several more of the jokes, with the art and character designs if nothing else. (Plus there is some video to help you too.)

Basically, the airy, dream-like feel of the comic before the spider reveal is quite close to the atmosphere of the series.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:04 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:

I can't help myself. My brain is a dirty place. Oddly enough, it's also a place filled with adorable kittens. I'm equally likely to coo over how cute something is as I am to be perverse.

Good thing I never claimed to be sane right?

Good thing because what you mention about yourself could be seen as schizophrenia in some cases lol. Not that I would know myself of course.....

Richard J. wrote:
I wish. I'd be insanely happy to have my likeness immortalized in this comic. (Seriously, I think people will remember Nina and her friends long after I'm worm chow.)

Also, isn't this a "pot calling the kettle" situation Mr. Psycho? After all, you did know where I was going with that post.

I am simply a fan of the great universe known as Star Trek and nothing more. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop I just so happen to know you were referring to the sensitivity of the ears and more then likely an oo-mox. Anime smile + sweatdrop And I am not as perverted as you my dear man. *hides all his Ikki Tousen pvc figures quickly*

I am surprised though that Nina would allow Kevin to do anything or pour anything into her ear. Wayyyy to trusting for her own good knowing Richard... I mean Kevin.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
In best Kirk voice.

KHAAAAAN!

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist after the above poster mentioned it. Bugs in the ears are a classic and, eerily enough, realistic fear. With Nina having such large ears, it's not surprising something crawled in.

Also, speaking of Star Trek references. Are News Elves like Ferengi when it comes to their ears? Twisted Evil

You're sick Richard because I know EXACTLY where you're going with that. Laughing You should be ashamed of yourself heh. You know Nina would never suspect a thing either. Such a pervert. I wonder if Robin modeled another character there after you.... Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

Thanks you guys... I didn't get it, so I had to go ask my Mom (resident trekkie) what the reference was. I did NOT need to know that about Ferengi! Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4