• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Adventures in Voice Acting Volume 1: Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Why should it be any more at all? I mean its a documentary on things most people don't even care about, why should we be paying more for it?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quote
That's exactly the reason it would be priced higher, because the company still wants to make money even though sales won't be incredible.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Even if each cut is small (likely, since this doesn't demand much work effort, so compensation is low), because it involves so many VAs, the pie needs to be larger. And since demand isn't expected to be high, so price needs to be higher (remember the good ol' sub VHS days). Laughing
coldspider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quote
So does Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart make an appearance on this volume? I saw them featured on the trailer awhile back,but that was when both VAs were still working on the Pokemon dub.

And even if they do show up on this volume,it's kind of hard to imagine that the whole Pokemon situation wouldn't be brought up and/or the producers of AIVA didn't decide to go back and film a new interview with Stuart or Taylor and their thoughts on essentially being laid-off from the Pokemon series.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:30 am Reply with quote
coldspider wrote:
So does Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart make an appearance on this volume? I saw them featured on the trailer awhile back,but that was when both VAs were still working on the Pokemon dub.

And even if they do show up on this volume,it's kind of hard to imagine that the whole Pokemon situation wouldn't be brought up and/or the producers of AIVA didn't decide to go back and film a new interview with Stuart or Taylor and their thoughts on essentially being laid-off from the Pokemon series.

Both do appear, and references are made to their Pokemon roles when their names come up on the screen, but otherwise the "Pokemon situation" doesn't come up at all. It's outside the scope of the topics covered anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3