Mexico Wins World Cosplay Summit 2015 Championship
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
The World Cosplay Summit 2015 competition crowned Mexico representatives Twin Cosplay as the Grand Champions at the award ceremony on Saturday. The duo also took home the Minister of Foreign Affairs Award, ANA Prize, and the Tabi Pad Award.
Twin Cosplay's presentation was based on Nintendo's Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask video game. Between the two, a total of four costume and set transformations take place in three minutes.
Second place went to Italy's Nadiask and Mogu Cosplay. The pair won the Laguna Tenbosch award for their Neon Genesis Evangelion cosplay.
Team America's Yummy Gamorah Cosplay and Alpacosplay took third place and the WCS Executive Committee Award for their Paradise Kiss performance.
Other special prizes went to:
- Best Wig: Spain (Cyperous Award)
- Best Sound Effects: Japan (JOYSOUND Award)
- Best Costume: America (Brother Award)
- Best Performance: China (LIVEDAM Award)
- Most Thrilling and Exciting Cosplayers: Hong Kong (HIS Award)
- Best "Respect Score": Hong Kong (Mobi Book Indie Award)
- Nico Audience Vote: Mexico (niconico Award)
A total of 26 countries were competing for the title. Last year's event brought in 227,000 people to watch the competition that ultimately crowned Russia's Nek and Nichi as champions. Nek and Nichi also cosplayed as Legend of Zelda characters.