News 'Evangelion:Another Impact' Short by Appleseed's Aramaki Streamed
posted on 2015-02-06 00:45 EST by Egan Loo
The website describes the story, and it also posted designs, storyboards, and a 3D model:
Another time, another place.
An activation test of a decisive weapon was underway.
With its development and operational trials shrouded in complete secrecy, the Another Number - Unit Null, suddenly breaks free of human control and goes berserk.
For what purpose was Another Number - Unit Null created?
The story of an Evangelion's activation, rampage and howling in another world.
Shinji Aramaki (CG versions of Appleseed, Captain Harlock) conceived, storyboarded, and directed the short, and Atsushi Takeuchi (Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, Moldiver, Psycho-Pass, The Sky Crawlers, Yukikaze) is credited with "Another EVA Design." Masaru Matsumoto (Appleseed Alpha) served as CGI director and compositor.
The computer animation studio Sola Digital Arts (Appleseed Alpha, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary, Starship Troopers: Invasion) and Steve N' Steven, the advertising animation firm founded by Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex director Kenji Kamiyama, produced the short.
The rest of the staff includes:
- Original Work: Hideaki Anno
- Hanger & Prop Design: Daisuke Matsuda
- Layout: Katsuki Sumiko, Yuwuseki Sai
- Animators: Mitsuru Yoshida, Yuwuseki Sai
- Another EVA Modeling: Tomohiro Shimizu
- Technical Adviser: Toshihiko Masaki
- Character Lighting & Rendering: Seiji Tayama, Hiromi Harikae, Hidemasa Moriya
- Hangar Modeling: Shinya Onda
- Hangar Shoot Work: Masamitsu Tasaki
- City Modeling: Hiroki Ijima, Shunsuke Imaizumi
- Matte Paint/Texture: Minako Shimada
- City Shoot Work: Hiroki Ijima
- Matte Paint: Takayuki Hayashi, Kiyoaki Kamei, Sera Nakamura (KALEID)
- Effect: Takuya Kiyozuka, Kei Yoneoka, Sena Nabei
- Another EVA Setup: Shunsuke Komori
- Vehicle Setup: Masahiro Omomo
- Simulation: Hiroshi Sugita
- Composite: Toshiaki Takagi
- Application Development: Takumi Sakai(Codelight)
- CG Producer: Shigeto Kawada
- Production Manager: Makiko Nagano
- Production Assistant: Rie Otake
- Motion Capture Studio: MOZOO Inc.
- Motion Capture Technical Director: Sakura Munakata
- Motion Capture Staff: Natsuki Haruhara, Yoshio Miyaki, Yoshihisa Sasaki
- Post-processing: Saki Sato, Yoshiki Shinozaki
- Motion Capture Actor's Coordinate: Katsugekiza Inc.
- Motion Capture Actor: Keiichi Wada, Wataru Koga (Motion Actors Japan)
- Action Coordinator: Akira Sugihara (Motion Actors Japan)
- Music: Shiro Sagisu
- Music Production: Go Shukuri (King Record)
- Cast: Koichi Yamadera, Megumi Hayashibara
- Sound Effect Director: Haru Yamada (sound team - DonJuan)
- Sound Effect: anime sound, Toru Noguchi, Tsutomu Sukigara
- Sound Effect Production: sound team - donjuan
- Translator / Subtitle Editor: Dan Kanemitsu
- Cooperation: Studio Khara, Tomoyuki Ogata, Takatoshi Okajima
- Animation Produce Support: Aki Inoue, Yoshihiro Abe
- Executive Producers: Shinji Aramaki, Shoichi Furuta
- Producers: Joseph Chou, Tomohiko Ishii
Another Japan Animator Expo short, "until You come to me," also featured new Evangelion footage. The previous 11 shorts in the project include:
- "Otaro Maijo and Kazuya Tsurumaki's "The Dragon Dentist"
- Azuma Tani's "Hill Climb Girl"
- A music video titled "ME!ME!ME!" featuring the musician Teddyloid (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) and rapper daoko
- Akira Honma's "Carnage"
- Yoshikazu Yasuhiko & Ichiro Itano's "Collection of Key Animation Films" from Mobile Suit Gundam
- Takeshi Honda and Mahiro Maeda's "20min Walk From Nishi-Ogikubo Station, 2 Bedrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, 2mos Deposit, No Pets Allowed"
- Tadashi Hiramatsu and Khara's "until you come to me"
- Akemi Hayashi's "Tomorrow from there"
- Akira Amemiya's "Gridman: Boys Invent Great Hero"
- Takashi Horiuchi and Masahiro Emoto's "Yamadeloid"
- Yasuhiro Yoshiura, Studio Rikka, and Trigger's "Power Plant No.33"
Anno himself is serving as executive producer of the entire project initiative with Dwango President Nobuo Kawakami, and he also designed the image character mascot "(Tor)-kun." Ghibli co-founder Hayao Miyazaki created the title logo, and fellow Ghibli co-founder Toshio Suzuki colored it. The shorts mostly feature the voice talent of Ranma ½ and Cowboy Bebop co-stars Kouichi Yamadera and Megumi Hayashibara.
One new short will stream every week for a planned total of 30 shorts, ranging from original projects and spinoffs to promotional videos and music videos. The episodes will be streamed for free via a dedicated iOS/Android app and on the web. There are no plans for a commercial release at this stage.