One-Punch Man Season 2 Anime's New Video Previews JAM Project Song
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for the One-Punch Man anime revealed a new promotional video for the anime's second season on Tuesday, and Bandai Namco Arts is also streaming an English-subtitled version. The video previews JAM Project's opening theme song "Seijaku no Apostle" (The Silent Apostle; Note: The English-subtitled video gives the song's English title as "Uncrowned Greatest Hero").
English-subtitled promotional video:
Japanese promotional video:
The anime will premiere with a television special on TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, and TV Aichi on April 2. Viz Media will start streaming the first subtitled episode as a Hulu exclusive on April 9, "the same day as Japanese broadcast." The anime's website describes the April 2 airing in Japan as the "broadcast premiere commemorative special." Viz Media stated that "details and availability in the U.S. are currently unavailable" for the April 2 special announced in Japan.
The anime's website also lists the streaming services AnimeLab for Australia and New Zealand, Anime Digital Network for France, Anime on Demand for Germany and Austria, and Youku for Mainland China. It will be available streaming in Japan on 24 services, including Nico Nico Live Stream, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video.
The main cast members are reprising their roles in the second season:
- Makoto Furukawa as Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa as Genos
- Yuuki Kaji as Onsoku no Sonic (Speed-o'-Sound Sonic)
- Aoi Yūki as Senritsu no Tatsumaki (Terrible Tornado)
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Silverfang
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Atomic Samurai
- Minami Takayama as Dōtei (Child Emperor)
- Tesshō Genda as Metal Knight
- Hiroki Yasumoto as King
- Takahiro Sakurai as Zombieman
- Yōji Ueda as Kudō Kishi (Drive Knight)
- Daisuke Namikawa as Butagami (Pig God)
- Satoshi Hino as Chōgōkin Kurobikari (Superalloy Blackluster)
- Yūji Ueda as Banken-man (Watchdog Man)
- Kousuke Toriumi as Senkō no Flash (Flashy Flash)
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Tank-top Master
- Wataru Hatano as Kinzoku Bat (Metal Bat)
- Masaya Onosaka as Puri-Puri Prisoner
- Mamoru Miyano as Handsome Kamen Amai Mask
- Saori Hayami as Jigoku no Fubuki (Hellish Blizzard)
- Yūichi Nakamura as Mumen Rider
Chikara Sakurai (Magimoji Rurumo, episode director for Naruto Shippūden) is replacing Shingo Natsume to direct the season at J.C. Staff (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Children of the Whales). Madhouse animated the first season.
Yoshikazu Iwanami (Girls und Panzer, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) is replacing Shoji Hata as sound director. Chikashi Kubota (Corpse Princess: Aka, FLCL 2) is returning to design the characters, and Tomohiro Suzuki (ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.) is again in charge of series composition. Makoto Miyazaki (Triage X, Dragon Crisis!) is also returning to compose the music. Makoto Furukawa, the voice actor for protagonist Saitama, will perform the ending theme song "Chizu ga Nakutemo Modoru kara," (Even Without a Map, I'll Return).
Viz Media acquired the master license to the second anime season, including digital streaming, TV broadcast, electronic sell-through, home media, and merchandising rights for North America, Latin America and Oceania.
Madhouse and director Shingo Natsume's first 12-episode anime season based on ONE and Yuusuke Murata's One Punch Man manga aired in Japan from October-December 2015. Viz Media and Daisuki both streamed the series outside of Japan as it aired. The anime premiered with an English dub on Adult Swim's Toonami block in July 2016. Viz Media released the first season on home video in North America.
Disclosure: Bandai Namco Arts Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bandai Namco Holdings Inc. Bandai Namco Rights Marketing Inc., another wholly owned subsidiary of Bandai Namco Holdings Inc., is a non-controlling, minority shareholder in Anime News Network Inc.