One-Punch Man Anime's 2nd Season Reveals More Cast, Opening Song Performers
posted on by Egan Loo
The official website for the One-Punch Man anime announced a new cast member and the opening theme song's performers for the second season on Saturday. The newly announced cast member is:
JAM Project is performing the new season's opening theme song "Seijaku no Apostle" (Quiet Apostle). The CD for "Seijaku no Apostle" and another yet-to-be-named song will go on sale on April 24 in two variants (artist cover and anime art cover).
A live-streamed presentation for this year's AnimeJapan event had announced on Friday that voice actors Makoto Furukawa (Saitama) and Kaito Ishikawa (Genos) will appear at a special stage event on March 23 just before the new season's April premiere.
The anime will premiere in April and will air on TV Tokyo and will stream in Japan on Niconico. The main cast members are reprising their roles in the second season:
- Makoto Furukawa as Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa as Genos
- Yuuki Kaji as Onsoku no Sonic (Speed-o'-Sound Sonic)
- Aoi Yūki as Senritsu no Tatsumaki (Terrible Tornado)
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Silverfang
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Atomic Samurai
- Minami Takayama as Dōtei (Child Emperor)
- Tesshō Genda as Metal Knight
- Hiroki Yasumoto as King
- Takahiro Sakurai as Zombieman
- Yōji Ueda as Kudō Kishi (Drive Knight)
- Daisuke Namikawa as Butagami (Pig God)
- Satoshi Hino as Chōgōkin Kurobikari (Superalloy Blackluster)
- Yūji Ueda as Banken-man (Watchdog Man)
- Kousuke Toriumi as Senkō no Flash (Flashy Flash)
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Tank-top Master
- Wataru Hatano as Kinzoku Bat (Metal Bat)
- Masaya Onosaka as Puri-Puri Prisoner
- Mamoru Miyano as Handsome Kamen Amai Mask
- Saori Hayami as Jigoku no Fubuki (Hellish Blizzard)
- Yūichi Nakamura as Mumen Rider
In addition, Hikaru Midorikawa will play the character Garou.
Chikara Sakurai (Magimoji Rurumo, episode director for Naruto Shippūden) is replacing Shingo Natsume to direct the season at J.C. Staff (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Children of the Whales). Madhouse animated the first season.
Yoshikazu Iwanami (Girls und Panzer, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) is replacing Shoji Hata as sound director. Chikashi Kubota (Corpse Princess: Aka, FLCL 2) is returning to design the characters, and Tomohiro Suzuki (ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.) is again in charge of series composition. Makoto Miyazaki (Triage X, Dragon Crisis!) is also returning to compose the music. JAM Project is once again performing the opening theme song.
Viz Media acquired the master license to the second anime season, including digital streaming, TV broadcast, electronic sell-through, home media, and merchandising rights for North America, Latin America and Oceania.
Madhouse and director Shingo Natsume's first 12-episode anime season based on ONE and Yuusuke Murata's One Punch Man manga aired in Japan from October-December 2015. Viz Media and Daisuki both streamed the series outside of Japan as it aired. The anime premiered with an English dub on Adult Swim's Toonami block in July 2016. Viz Media released the first season on home video in North America.