Press Releases - March 2005
- Newest Rising Stars of Manga Winners Announced by Tokyopop ()
- Tokyopop Releases Cinemanga for Pooh's Heffalump Movie ()
- ADV Films Announces April 26 Releases ()
- Imaginasian TV Presents "Asian-American Experience" PSA Contest ()
- Yamato USA - Story! Image! Figure! ()
- Onna! Registration Open ()
- Adult Swim 2005 Programming Highlights ()
- Adult Swim 2004-05 Season-to-Date Ratings Up 50% ()
- Anime Invades YTV this April ()
- ADV Announces April 19th Releases ()
- Tokyopop Germany Wins Newcomer Award ()
- Digital Manga Publishing & Copic Marker product featured in Extreme Makeover ()
- ADV Announces Release of Maburaho: Bewitched and Bewildered ()
- ConnectiCon 2005 Guest of Honor Announcement ()
- All New Anime on G4 ()
- ADV Films Announces Full Metal Panic Complete ()
- Anime in Northwest Ohio Presents Animarathon ()
- Wasabi Animusical to Premiere at JACON 2005 ()
- Manga Mania! Quick and Easy Tips to Read Manga ()
- ADV Takes Center Stage at Canadian Video Awards ()
- ALC Publishing's Yuri Manga to be distributed by Diamond Comics ()
- Kamikazecon Finalizes North American Guest List ()
- Invasion: Anime Enjoys Pennsylvania Premiere at Villanova's KoasiKon ()
- Rumble Pak and Sakura Pakk Headed For The Eisner's And To The Internet ()
- Central Park Media Spotlights Female Heroines ()
- Invasion: Anime Now Available for Anime Cons ()
- Wizard Anime Insider Goes Monthly ()
- Sakura-Con 2005 Guests of Honor ()
- Bandai to Release Scrapped Princess ()
- 7 New DMP Titles Announced ()
- Canadian Entertainment Network Awards ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist Trading Card Game ()
- Metrocon 3 Announces Johnny Yong Bosch and Eyeshine ()
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Ani-Manga Box Set ()
- ADV Announces Madlax Release ()
- ADV Announces April 5 Release of Colorful ()
- Geneon Acquisition: Fafner ()
- Yuricon Announces More Guests for Yuri Revolution in Tokyo ()
- Anime Boston announces Guests of Honor ()
- Japan-A-Radio to Produce 'Unwound' ()
- Cascadia Con Presents 2005 Seiun Awards ()
- Geneon Acquires North American Rights to Viewtiful Joe ()
- ADV Announces April 5th Releases ()
- Sweatdrop Studios in Artists & Illustrators Magazine Cover Mount ()
- Connecticon Moves to Connecticut Convention Center ()
- Seven Seas Goes Unearthly with Ted Naifeh's New Manga ()
- The Arts of Japan Celebration ()
- ADV Announces Wedding Peach: DX ()
- Metrocon 3 Announced Monkey Punch ()
- Metrocon 3 Announces a Star-Studded Guest Line Up ()
- Broccoli Books Acquires KAMUI License ()
- MTAC Announced New Guests and More. ()
- Tokyo Dark Castle San Francisco Announces a Change of Venue. ()
- eigoMANGA Supports Comic Book Retailers Over Mainstream Book Stores ()
- Bandai America Launches Bandai Games Inc. ()
In anime, you often see people brewing coffee using unique, single-cup methods - are coffee machines just not that common in Japan? Justin's got the answer. ― Alvin asks: I noticed that in many anime series, characters are depicted brewing coffee either by pouring hot water over the grounds in paper filters or using instant coffee in homes and shops, including coffee shops. Are coffee brewing machin...
An in-depth look about what Vanquish and Bayonetta - newly resurrected in shiny PC ports - say about the legacy of the legendary company that birthed them, PlatinumGames. ― In certain ways, the story of PlatinumGames is a tragedy. Founded in 2009 by ex-Capcom developers whose credits include the likes of Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Okami, the goal of the new company was to escape that corporate...
Paul gets a faceful of '80s action with Crusher Joe and runs down all this week's new anime releases from Haruhi Suzumiya to Umaru-chan! ― After avoiding the bandwagon for as long as possible, I finally played a bit of Overwatch last weekend. I had some fun, I have a better understanding of why people love it, and holy moly I'm terrible at it. More power to anyone who has the reaction time and teamw...
The second season of this charming fairytale romance finally comes to Blu-Ray! Theron Martin details what makes this particular shojo adaptation so special. ― The second season of Snow White with the Red Hair aired during the Winter 2016 season, covering episodes 13-24. Given the firm declaration of commitment from Zen near the end of the previous season and Shirayuki's generally secure position as a...
Mike picks over the bones of the Hollywood Ghost in the Shell, catalogs the best adaptations so far, and wonders where live-action anime might go after this. ― This year's convention season is rockin' and rollin'. This week, I'm on show number three of 2017, enjoying the sights and sounds of Anime North up in Toronto. I come up to Canada for this show, and it's always an interesting time. I admire Ca...
Food Wars is still going strong as the Polaris Dorm gets ready to take on Azami Nakiri's corrupt new administration. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― There is rarely a dull moment in Yuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki's Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma manga, and while there's a small breather between storylines of this volume, the action is as intense as ever despite the climbing volume numbers. This eight...
Being surrounded by sexy love interests might seem like paradise to some, but one fan's heaven is another fan's hell. Here are seven harems with no good apples to choose from! ― Harem anime is a well-established romance sub-genre, and while most incarnations these days put our hero into a magical world outside of his own, romance options have spanned trains, transforming soda cans, and potential lit...
UQ Holder’s ninth volume makes the most of its prolonged training arc material. Nick Creamer weighs the pros and cons of Ken Akamatsu's latest series. ― UQ Holder has always been an inherently strange shounen property. With its focus on a team of heroes who are all gifted with some form of immortality, the manga has at time had trouble offering compelling opponents for its protagonists. And main char...
Could Netflix's influence solve the many production and salary woes plaguing the anime industry? Justin considers the angles. ― Earl asks: The trailer for the new Castlevania anime came out today and my coworkers and I were remarking on the animation quality. It's an American production (despite what I thought initially), but it got me thinking... Would Netflix-style contracts/production be a way ou...
From fearsome warriors to gluttonous goofballs, Attack on Titan's cast is filled with a variety of colorful female characters. Rose Bridges explains what makes its cast of ladies so unique. ― Spoiler Warning: This article contains spoilers for the Attack on Titan anime up through episode 31, and also vaguely alludes to events from the Attack on Titan light novel "Lost Girls." Since the first season's...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film. ― ANNCast Episode 297 - Psycho-Pass Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film! You can listen to the show...
Miss Hokusai demonstrates the power of articulating life as it is lived, presenting a rich portrait of both its historical moment and its charming heroine. ― The great painter Hokusai is one of the most famous and internationally renowned artists in Japanese history. Responsible for works as recognized as The Great Wave off Kanigawa (itself an element of the vastly influential 36 Views of Mount Fuji)...