Press Releases - July 2005
- Tokyopop Announces new Executives ()
- ADV Announces September 20 Titles ()
- Urban Vision Reprices Ninja Scroll Box Set ()
- JAST USA announces the end of Virtual Mate on G-Collections titles ()
- ADV Announces September 13 Releases ()
- Second IMAF Call for Entries ()
- Go!Comi Launches Website ()
- AOL Radio Brings What's Big in Japan Stateside with Hot New Japanese Pop Station ()
- AFO6 Announces Updated Guest List and Events ()
- ADV Announces September 6 Releases ()
- Right Stuf Announces Piano 3 ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Hot For Teacher ()
- Navarre Corporation Announces Promotions for Ward Thomas and Joyce Fleck ()
- CPM Reprices Titles for September ()
- Anime Network Inks Five SVOD Deals ()
- Canadian Cosplay Competition ()
- CPM Announces Patlabor the Original Series ()
- ADV Releases Two Huge Collections August 30 ()
- Tokyopop announces PSY-COMM ()
- Tokyopop Talks Steady Beat ()
- Ice Kunion Debuts Authentic Manhwa ()
- Moto Sakakibara to Direct 'Gon' for the Big Screen ()
- Newtype USA Annoounces Evangelion: Angelic Days ()
- ADV Announces August 23 Releases ()
- DramaQueen Announces Pre-Orders for Brother ()
- eigoManga Forms Partnership with Devil's Due Publishing ()
- Tokyopop Presents Takuhai at Comic-Con ()
- Cartoon Network Panels and Events Schedule for Comic-Con ()
- Beckett Anime for Girls Offers Princess Ai Sneak Peak ()
- Ice Kunion Debuts: Authentic Manwah Direct from Japan this Fall ()
- Onna! Announces New Guest ()
- ADV August 16 Releases ()
- Gravity and Shanda Enter Licensing Agreement ()
- ADV Launches Samurai Gun August 16 ()
- CPM Kicks of Summer Cons with Premieres, Plushies, and Shoujo Artist ()
- Samurai Champloo Mini-Figures from Yamato USA ()
- Southern Island @ San Diego Comic-Con ()
- ALC Publishing Drops Prices For Summer Yuri Blowout ()
- Cheap Box Sets for Patlabor Fans ()
- ADV Announces August 9 DVDs ()
- EigoManga to Create Manga Based off American Fiction Novel ()
- ADV Announces 2nd Season of GANTZ ()
- Metal Gear Solid 2 Figures from Yamato USA ()
- CPM Receives Press Coverage ()
- Momocon Announces 2006 Dates ()
- Yamato USA July Pre-Orders ()
- ADV Announces August 2 Releases ()
- Final Fantasy Friends Concert in Detroit ()
- ADV Films Anime Expo Round-Up ()
- Broken Saints at San Diego Comic-Con ()
- Tokyopop and CosmoGirl Present the Adventures of CG ()
- Anime South Announces More Guests ()
- Ai-Kon Manitoba Changes Location ()
- Yamato Now Shipping Lovely Ladies from G-taste, Ikki Tousen, and Darkstalkers ()
- MTAC Launches 2006 Pre-Registration ()
- Tokyopop Announces Rising Stars of Manga 6 ()
- Tokyopop Announces Devil May Cry ()
- Tokyopop Announces Samurai Champloo ()
- Tokyopop Announces War on Flesh ()
- Tokyopop Announces Off*Beat ()
just for fun
Going to comic-con is EXTREMELY serious business - at least, according to Perry. ―
Appearing on Netflix at the same time as its theatrical premiere, this sci fi thriller from Polygon Pictures boasts more flair than bite. Theron Martin has the details. ― With Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga being adapted into a CG anime series, it's no wonder that there would be interest in adapting his earliest project: the 1998 cyberpunk manga Blame! Although it was adapted into a series ...
You see it all the time in anime - the radio plays simple instructions and folks gather to do some basic calisthenics. Is that really a thing in Japan? ― Matt asks: Anime often depict radio calisthenics as something geared toward children or older people, but everyone always appears aware of what it is. Are radio calisthenics as ubiquitous as they appear? And what made them so popular? Radio Taisou,...
Gabriella Ekens discovers pleasant surprises and wicked twists from this CG adaptation of the popular thriller manga, and Paul runs down all this week's new anime releases! ― With the latest season of Natsume's Book of Friends earning high marks, I decided it was finally time to give the series a try. I'm watching it from the beginning, so I'm a few episodes into the first season as I write this. I'...
An entire classroom is transported to another world in this isekai series, and its protagonist must go about getting superpowers the hard way. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If there's one thing that sets Arifureta apart from its fellow isekai stories, it's that in this case, an entire high school class is transported to another world, not just one lucky young individual. Not only does this make t...
We check back in with Asuna on the real-world side of things for the first time in the Alicization arc, as the mysteries behind this new virtual world begin to unravel. ― Whatever criticisms might be leveled against SAO creator Reki Kawahara, lack of ambition when it comes to imagining applications for virtual technology isn't one of them. The Soul Transfer Engine that was introduced in the last nove...
See the talents at PiLi and Nitroplus show off their amazing puppetry from this year's Sakura-Con, as they answer our questions about the future of Thunderbolt Fantasy! ― This year, Sakuracon brought over the folks behind Thunderbolt Fantasy, 2016's fantasy adventure series about chivalry, puppets, and swords. This show was the wider world's introduction to PiLi, the superstar Taiwanese film studio k...
Sometimes it takes a bad guy to do a good guy's job! These six anime heels embraced the glory of being hero for a day in this Classic edition of The List. ― This week is a repeat! Sometimes antagonists can turn a new leaf and become the anti-hero we all deserve. Take a look at these six examples. The heroes might be the stars of the show, but a work of fiction is really made by an awesome antagonist...
This scattered volume proves that basing a manga on a Vocaloid song might not be the best idea. Rebecca Silverman explains why. ― Like Kagerou Daze, Bad End Night is based on a Vocaloid song. Unfortunately, that appears to be a premise too thin for an entire volume of manga, much less a series, and this volume can't quite decide if it's a mystery, a spoof on the “bad endings” of visual novels, or sel...
Studio Ghibli hires animators for Spirited Away director's last feature ― Studio Ghibli posted a job recruitment notice for animators on director Hayao Miyazaki's "final" film on Friday. The studio is hiring in-between animators and background artists on a three-year contract starting on October 1. The notice emphasized that the film is "director Hayao Miyazaki's final feature animation film" due to ...
Justin Sevakis, Daryl Surat and Mike Toole reconvene to take on Berserk, Ghost in the Shell, retro anime rereleases and a whole bunch of your Twitter questions! ― ANNCast Episode 296 - Supernerds United Justin Sevakis, Daryl Surat and Mike Toole reconvene to take on Berserk, Ghost in the Shell, retro anime rereleases and a whole bunch of your Twitter questions! You can listen to the show on our play...