• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just sell?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote
I just sold Magical Meow Meow Taruto on Amazon. I have several listed there, winnowing out stuff I'll never watch again, making room...and this show was so odd in so many ways.

I kept telling myself that whatever money I made selling anime, I'd buy myself anime I wanted, but that hasn't happened yet...lol.
jaggujai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Retail is good services
anyway thanks you
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Well I didn't send it out yet. bit I sold my copy of Ronin Warriors Volum1 for a cool $20. This is also my second order that gets sent to Japan, and the same as the first one I sent there, this is for US Navy personal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I sold my Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 DVD set for 39.95
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna do a little self-promotion here, so don't tell the mods Wink

I haven't sold it yet, but I'm selling my Sakura Book. I'm starting out at 99 cents, so it'll probably be less than the $800 on Amazon or the $2500 on the other ebay listing. Spread the word!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320678124845
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote
99 cents, eh? Well, 'coz I like ya and all, I'm prepared to over you a buck fiddy. Please - no need to thank me profusely.
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote
What on God's green earth possessed you to want to sell that? Shocked

I'll be keeping a close eye on it, though I imagine it will quickly jump above any price I can pay for it.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
What on God's green earth possessed you to want to sell that? Shocked

The $200 for the Clow Book and the $50 for the movies. I don't want to put down that kind of coin for a show I don't love. It's just too expensive to complete, and I have a lot of stuff coming out that I want. This is one of the few times where my common sense beat out my collector sense.

The probable ~$400 I'd make off it doesn't hurt either. Daddy has bills to pay.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
The probable ~$400 I'd make off it doesn't hurt either. Daddy has bills to pay.

The last time I checked your listing, it had a little over 26 hours before the deadline and the current high bid was around $70.00. I was okay with with bidding on it at that point.

Then about seven hours later, wha-BAM! The high bid suddenly jumps to $306.00. You sure are going to make a pretty penny off of this, The King of Harts.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Woo-whee! Looks like you are well on your way to getting the price you want, TKoH. Congrats!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Yea, for several days it was sitting at $62. I was worried, but it did help me prepare for the worst. Then it suddenly exploded to $163, I was more excited, but it was still about a third of what i was expecting. Then, I check again a few hours later it it's over $300.

Mr. Green <- That's my face right now.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Yea, for several days it was sitting at $62. I was worried, but it did help me prepare for the worse. Then it suddenly exploded to $163, I was more excited, but it was still about a third of what i was expecting. Then, I check again a few hours later it it's over $300.

Mr. Green <- That's my face right now.

Seems like you are going to make a nice coin on this one Mr. Hart.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I notice the winning bid was $358, TKoH. What were you (realistically) hoping to get? If memory serves (and mine rarely does) you paid $250 for that, right? Not a bad little profit.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote
You're memory actually didn't fail you this time- I did pay $250 for it. And what I was hoping for was somewhere north of $400 since that's what I see them go for usually. I can live with $358 ($325.78 after eBay charges), though Mr. Green

I never thought I'd find a use that Mr. Green smiley.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I've honestly never sold any of my anime collection except for some duplicates and a few overlaps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10