• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Ro-Kyu-Bu, Loups-Garous, ef

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I love Ef its one of my favorites and I told my self I would be buying it regardless if it ever got licensed after I watched it all fansubbed back in 08.

Although I am going to be a bit disappointed if its going to be subbed only, but I don't think it would have benefited for a dub right off without testing the waters first like they are doing with the rest of their subbed series. I just hope we get enough people to support this series for one. Cause to me this series is just as good as Clannad when it comes to the story, the art, and its openings/endings/BGMs/etc....

I just hope when Sentai releases it they will include all of the OP/ED versions creditless in the extras and not just the first versions of the OP/ED.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There is a new three-volume Saiyuki Gaiden OVA series. Sentai Filmworks will release the OVAs with the original ADV Films dub cast.

Based on the picture and the description sounds like it will be the Gaiden arc then and not the Burial one. I am amazed that Sentai is releasing Saiyuki - I thought the series was dead in America - nice to see it getting a second lease on life. I am even more surprised that they are getting the original English dub cast back. I feel like I did when I heard they were making another season of Slayers and Funimation got that old cast together again. Sometimes pigs do fly.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:

I just hope when Sentai releases it they will include all of the OP/ED versions creditless in the extras and not just the first versions of the OP/ED.

Sentai has been pretty good about this so far. They did this with Shigofumi, and even included clean versions of every different ED. As long as they can get them all from the licensor, it should be fine.

David Williams also said the titles they went back and dubbed were special cases. They did so with those not only because of the sales, but other companies licensed them and contributed to the production. So sadly, it's not likely for it to happen too often.

I would love to see ef dubbed and on bluray, but I'm not holding my breath. I've been waiting for it so long that I will gladly take a sub-only DVD at this point just so I can finally own it.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
The only nitpick I have with Sentai is their yellow-subs, I don't know the case for DVDs/BDs but the yellow subs get annoying after a while. Rolling Eyes I don't mind the spelling errors since I've seen a few on many streams.
That I do agree with - they do get annoying. I try watching Glass Mask, and sometimes the yellow subs blend into the background or into Maya's clothes and become unreadable. However, they have gotten better at the errors - in Glass Mask and Hoshizora Kiseki, I noticed very little in the way of typos and untranslated bits. Way better than their first release of Clannad and Princess Resurrection, so I'm not too worried.

Anyway...definitely going to check out the two ef series whenever they stream on TANoD. Clannad on Blu-Ray is definitely interesting - I wasn't expecting that, to be honest - and hopefully it sells well for them.
JackCox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I wish more loli ecchi shows would be licensed. Even pedos need love sometimes

Loli/Ecchi and certain moe shows are the cancer that are killing anime.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely love the ef series. Although the second season I find hard to watch due to the tragedy both are among my favorites. And of course I'm going to have to fork out for Clannad again (I've already purchased After Story twice Smile)))
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
I wish more loli ecchi shows would be licensed. Even pedos need love sometimes

Loli/Ecchi and certain moe shows are the cancer that are killing anime.

lame troll attempt is lame try again some time, also nunnally was moe~ as hell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Cool some one got Loups-Garous that was a great movie
Finely getting some lolicon anime
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:
The only nitpick I have with Sentai is their yellow-subs, I don't know the case for DVDs/BDs but the yellow subs get annoying after a while. Rolling Eyes I don't mind the spelling errors since I've seen a few on many streams.
That I do agree with - they do get annoying. I try watching Glass Mask, and sometimes the yellow subs blend into the background or into Maya's clothes and become unreadable.

This is all really relative. There are just as many people that dislike white subs and think they are harder to read. On some Funimation releases in particular, they tend to blend into the background and I sometimes have trouble making them out. I much prefer yellow myself as I seem to be able to read them quicker as well.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
and yet still no announcement of Gosick being licensed by any of the panels, I have died a little on the inside.

think I will go back and marathon the whole show this week. and laugh and cry my way through it, again,

such a great show
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
'Bout time ~Ef~ Memories/Melodies is licensed by Sentai. Didn't see Ro-Kyu-Bu being licensed by Sentai coming.

Sentai Filmworks shall get money from me for those three titles!
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
and yet still no announcement of Gosick being licensed by any of the panels, I have died a little on the inside.

think I will go back and marathon the whole show this week. and laugh and cry my way through it, again,

such a great show

I was kind of surprised that neither Gosick nor Letter Bee were announced, since they seemed pretty popular. Personally, I was hoping for Natsume Yujincho season 1 on DVD. No such luck.

But the bright side is that this is only the first big con. We still have Otakon and New York Anime Festival yet to happen.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:

Madman in Australia announced that they have a licence for Gosick in Au/NZ so there must be a R1 release coming as well.

Edit: Here's the link ... http://www.madman.com.au/news/new-title-announcements-from-supanova-expo/

Last edited by ScruffyKiwi on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Both Efs were ok-but not in the same league as Clannad, Loups-Garous was shit, and I'm sure as hell not gonna rebuy Clannad on bluray-bottom line-nothing I want here.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:
That I do agree with - they do get annoying. I try watching Glass Mask, and sometimes the yellow subs blend into the background or into Maya's clothes and become unreadable.

This is all really relative. There are just as many people that dislike white subs and think they are harder to read. On some Funimation releases in particular, they tend to blend into the background and I sometimes have trouble making them out. I much prefer yellow myself as I seem to be able to read them quicker as well.

Yeah. The yellow color was actually chosen as a standard because it's less likely to blend in then any other color. I prefer the yellow subs myself. On Funi shows, their small and white BD subs can be hard to read in science fiction shows with a lot of grey metal "science facility" backgrounds.

I can't recall anything about Sentai's BD subs...the only BD I have from them is Highschool of the Dead, and I watched the dub for that one. Are they same style as the DVD?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7