• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Online Stores?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikari22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote
Question thanks again for all your posts!, I was recently reading through all the bootleg/piracy threads here on ANN, and was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me.

I read here on that forums that Anime Castle is involved on the whole bootleg-selling business but the post is a little old. does anyone know if they're still involved in this shameful practice?

Oh yeah, comments on AnimeTen anyone?

thanks again, you're all most helpful!
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quote
ikari22 wrote:
I read here on that forums that Anime Castle is involved on the whole bootleg-selling business but the post is a little old. does anyone know if they're still involved in this shameful practice?
Yep, they're still involved in selling those darn bootlegs in the music and DVD section. They even have a "Hong Kong import" section, which basically translates into Hong Kong Bootlegs.
akitainu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I've placed hundreds of orders with www.animecornerstore.com. They have never let me down. Also, they've set me up with numerous freebies (posters, DVDs, capsule toys etc.) Their service is outstanding. Given the sheer volume of DVDs I've ordered, I've gotten a few manufacturer defects. They replace them no questions asked, quickly and at no extra cost. Also, their turnaround time is the best I've ever run into with any on line retailer.
ikari22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quote
Thank you very much, although it seems like you're advertising, I still thank your help. The problem is that animecornerstore doesn't have all the Full Metal Alchemist keychains AnimeTen or AnimeCastle have. And I'm fixated on getting those keychains!

Thank you very much in helping me get started as an anime collector and follower!!
gundamlion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:05 am Reply with quote
after reading a ton of stuff about bootlegs, i'm really worried about this local japanes gift shop i go to. i need to know if animenation sells bootleg products.
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Anime Nation does not sell bootlegs. If you need further help spotting bootlegs, click the link in Tony K.'s post.
fargazer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Personally, my three anime online stores are

• TRSI - Right Stuf does not have the lowest everyday pricing, but when they run a sale, it's typically 40% off, and lasts at least a week. Their "weekly special" and "bargain bin" sections is also well priced, and "Shawn's Deal of the Day" is something to watch for (though use the AnimeOnDVD site to know what Shawn's deals are).
  • Robert's Anime Corner Store - seems to have some of the better regular pricing on the Internet. If you want title X, and you don't want to dig for a special somewhere, Robert's will have a competitive price.
  • Overstock Dot Com - Their anime selection is not as extensive as a dedicated anime store, but what anime they have is usually quite low priced, and not bootlegs.

Hope that helps!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2