• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone order anime from Amazon.ca recently?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TronBonne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I say recently because, lately I haven't been getting my anime orders from Amazon.ca. It may just be a coincidence that everything I have ordered lately was delayed or something (Hetalia season 3, One Piece collection 4, and Tales of the Abyss part 2, none of these were fulfilled, even though Amazon.com has them all in stock). Anyone notice a trend of not getting anime from them, or is it just me? I already bought Abyss and Hetalia elsewhere (still waiting out for OP), but I'm worried for my future orders with Amazon.ca.

A quick look shows a couple other anime to be released in 2012 all say "Usually ships in 10 to 12 days " (like all of my orders did), while others are in stock as normal...so I'm not sure what to think.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:37 am Reply with quote
I've only ordered one thing from them, and I never really expected to get it anyways. When I looked on the site for Galaxy Angel Rune v.4, it said they had it, so I placed an order. Turns out they just assumed they could get it and they assumed incorrectly. So, the order is still out there, but I highly doubt it will ever get fulfilled since there were like 10 copies of that disc ever made apparently. I know it exists, but I've never seen one in person. At least it's a really crappy show so I'm not too disappointed in not being able to complete it, other than from a collector's standpoint.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quote
I rarely order anime from Amazon.ca because I can usually find better prices elsewhere, even when you factor in free shipping and the exchange rate. Did you check the prices of what you ordered with TRSI? If you are prepared to wait until you have a $150 order which gets you free shipping to Canada, I would think you'd get a much better overall deal.
TronBonne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
I prefer Amazon.ca to RS because sometimes it's hard to justify blowing $150 all at once, instead of spending smaller amounts every so often. And the last time I ordered $150 from RS I was hit with customs, and even though it was STILL a deal after that additional cost, I'd rather not go through the hassle.

Thankfully One Piece 4 finally shipped, but it still makes me wonder why there was like a month delay. Hopefully I have nothing to worry about for my future orders.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1