• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote
@ Masakaki - welcome to ANN! And if you hadn't mentioned you are from Lithuania, I would never have guessed you are not a native english speaker. Your english writing is excellent.
Masakaki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Masakaki on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:05 am; edited 9 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quote
Hey Masakaki:

Put your cursor over the "my ANN" tab at the far right of your screen and then click on the "my anime" link

Scroll down the page on the right hand side until you come to the Organize & Discover section. In that section you will see a link called "Customize my categories" Click on it.

On the left hand side of the screen, you should see categories like:

Want to see
Seen some
Seen all
etc.

Click on the "edit" button to the left of each category. Scroll down to the bottom of the dialog box and you'll see:

"Allow public to see this category" with a box to the left. Put a check in the box and then hit the Save Category button. Do that with every category you want other posters to be able to see. You can also create your own custom categories. And the My Manga section works the exact same way.
Masakaki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Masakaki on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:05 am; edited 8 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote
Bolded titles are ones that have been licensed for distribution in North America.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
...mutant Aussie survivors inevitably leave the smoking remains of Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane and sail over here looking to eat our precious sheep...

Eat?

Someone's delusional.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
well I've been crusin around but never acctually introduced myself.

Name: thatguy3331(thats all any of you need to know for now)

Sex: Male

Blood Type: how the heck would I know?

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: African American

Religion: Christian

Pets: I've had a long history of pets, currently its just a cat

Drink/Smoke: uh... does my age say anything? either way I'm not planning on it

Likes: Anime, manga, drawing, story writing, relaxing, food,

Dislikes: school, cold weather, Scortching weather,

Favorite anime: My top 10 animes in no real order have to be: darker than black, eden of the east, Yu yu hakusho, One piece, Trigun, the To aru majustu no index series, the haruhi suzumiya series, the current hunter x hunter, nichijou, and Konjiki no gash bell

Favorite Manga (Light novels): As far as manga: Beelzebub is a definite mention, since its anime was horrible but the manga is simply awesome, gash bell, OP, and HxH get special mention too since all the manga surpass the anime in a way. I also like pokemon special. as far as novels go, I'm really hoping for SOME leagal way to read the index novels but for the time being I'll have to use my "sources" but I am buying the haruhi novels beyond the 4th one. Durarara getting its novel localized would be nice too.

Favorite Books: a while back I read the mysterious benidict society, which was great, and at the momment I'm trying to find the right books for me, since before hand everything was school related and thus I didn't enjoy it. well except fahrenhet 451, that was enjoyable.

Favorite game: I'm not a heavy gamer but I like alot of the nintendo games, and sonic as well. portal was a fun new experience and I'm feeling that addictive nature of shooter games.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: South park, the boondocks, futurama... and thats really it, theres barely anything else good on now!

Favorite Drink: again, don't drink

Non-Alcoholic Drink: root beer, and yohoos, the best f*cking chocolate milk in the world

Favorite Foods: pizza, chicken,

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, fanfiction(specificly the zatch bell section, its the only place I go to and there are times where a good author shows up, but I also write my own ZB fanfic there), KWF

Favorite Sport (to watch): football(when my team is playing) and basketball. sometimes baseball but I'm not really a sports person

Favorite Sport (to play): last line above

Favorite Music: I'll listen to pretty much anything as long as its not country, there are some good contry songs but others stink

Job: still looking, I'm a 3rd year in HS so for the time being I'm partly ok

Hobbies: drawing, writing stories, anime and manga, video games reading/watching reviews

Favorite Quotes:
"In the past, the man I respected... said these great words 'everyone give me some of your cash in aura form!!'"- Oga tastumi 'quoting' son goku
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Why does everyone like pizza? I'd like to see something like takoyaki, escargot (someone has to like snail), haggis (illegal in the US), monkey brains...you know, something eccentric. Don't tell me all anime fans have such quotidian diets (I did see "sushi" a few posts back, but in our demographic that's pretty much perfunctory).
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Svidrigailov wrote:
...haggis (illegal in the US)...

Seriously? Shocked

I know the stuff that goes into one isn't exactly wholesome but of all the countries to ban food for being unsavoury, the US? Wow.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Svidrigailov wrote:
Why does everyone like pizza? I'd like to see something like takoyaki, escargot (someone has to like snail), haggis (illegal in the US), monkey brains...you know, something eccentric. Don't tell me all anime fans have such quotidian diets (I did see "sushi" a few posts back, but in our demographic that's pretty much perfunctory).

Let me see eccentric, well I like peanut butter and cheese sandwiches, people always get icked out, but I like them, it stops the peanut butter from being too dry, and is better than you might expect. Oh and I experiment with english muffins with jam and cheese, also better than it sounds, on the other hand I cant stand the america's idea of peanut butter and jam, now that was disgusting.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
dirkusbirkus wrote:
Svidrigailov wrote:
...haggis (illegal in the US)...

Seriously? Shocked

I know the stuff that goes into one isn't exactly wholesome but of all the countries to ban food for being unsavoury, the US? Wow.

It's evidently a legacy of the mad cow disease crisis and a ban on importing food made with sheep's lung. I don't know the reason why the federal government does want us to import sheep's lung, but it's probably a silly or misguided one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
That makes sense actually. Are the US kind of insular when it comes to livestock? I know we've had our fair share of 'incidents' in the past over here but I would imagine some of the practices over there aren't entirely safe. I'll hold my hands up and admit, I've only seen the cases where things have gone horribly wrong and a big deal has been made of it as a result. I don't have enough knowledge of said practices to be objective in this instance.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Svidrigailov wrote:

Ok... didn't know it was a problem to like pizza Anime hyper either way I got lazy on the food part because while I eat A LOT of things, the closest thing I have to eccentric is netualla bread, and that's only because I don't know anyone else who eats it! Anime hyper
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
...mutant Aussie survivors inevitably leave the smoking remains of Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane and sail over here looking to eat our precious sheep...

Eat?

Someone's delusional.

Oh, I see. Of course. The Aussies wouldn't want to eat our sheep now, would they?

You know, sometimes I forget to do my patriotic duty and make fun of the Australians. Why, that previous post of mine almost sounded cordial. Outrageous.

So yes, the "mutant Aussie survivors inevitably leave the smoking remains of Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane and sail over here looking to shag our precious sheep..."

Trust that passes proper NZ-AU communications guidelines.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
But everyone knows you blokes across the ditch won't share. I mean to say, we happily shared our possums with you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 142 of 233