• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: PETA Releases Pokémon Parody Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:07 am Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
BonusStage wrote:
Such an easy thing to say when you're not the one in the cage. Why do I feel if you were kidnapped and forced to be in the cage you would be crying out for your rights and freedoms? Rolling Eyes

And it's just as easy to be absolutely against animal testing when you're not the one dying from something said testing could help treat. I bet if you were dying of an illness and a treatment derived from animal testing were offered, you would take it.
heck, one doesn't even have to be dying from an illness. there are many conditions out there that can DRASTICALLY decrease one's quality of life without directly leading to an early death. condition that testing, including animal testing, could lead to treatments for that would allow those people to live a normal or nearly normal life. I'm pretty sure someone with, say, a severe chronic pain condition would likely argue as much for animal testing, within reasons, as the person dying from an illness if both were told that animal testing would likely lead to a treatment or cure for their conditions.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I want to see it too. A gritty take on Pokemon would be awesome. Most of the show's initial fans are now adults and this would be a story that would interest them.

The sad thing is I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Something like that would bomb terribly. Considering how big the franchise still is with millions of adults, I don't think they need to do anything to 'interest' them.

Last edited by TitanXL on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:27 am Reply with quote
Eh, a one-off could probably succeed based on novelty, especially in America.
lostrune

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:35 am Reply with quote
They'd just edit all that out of the dub anyway. Laughing
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
The sad thing is I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Something like that would bomb terribly. Considering how big the franchise still is with millions of adults, I don't think they need to do anything to 'interest' them.

Excuse me, but I wasn't talking about what would be profitable or not, so you're way off base. I was talking about what I wanted to see and what I thought other fans my age might want to see.

The franchise might not need to cater to us adult fans, but in the unlikely event that it did, we would appreciate it.

Now what was so hard to understand?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:45 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

The franchise might not need to cater to us adult fans, but in the unlikely event that it did, we would appreciate it.

Now what was so hard to understand?

You have a distinct tendency to make sweeping statements using the first-person plural.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:55 am Reply with quote
You gotta hand it to PETA - they really know how to rile up the internet!

They might not be all that good at accomplishing much of anything else but damn they know how to piss off the internet. Bravo, says I.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:58 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
You have a distinct tendency to make sweeping statements using the first-person plural.

So I made the assumption that people like to be catered to. Is that so wrong?
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quote
Dragoshi1 wrote:
So PETA is Neo Team Plasma?

I would call them team pathetic rather than neo team plasma.

this is the exact same BS they did back in 1995 when it red and blue came out, and it failed big time.

worse it's dumbass NGOs like them as well as some censor parental advocates that gave the rise to godawful companies like 4kids which after all this time is still ticking in the claim to "make parental friendly kids shows."

However I and a crapload of pokemaniacs have a message to those ediots.

TAKE OUR BIRDS AND STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!!

Zac wrote:
You gotta hand it to PETA - they really know how to rile up the internet!

They might not be all that good at accomplishing much of anything else but damn they know how to piss off the internet. Bravo, says I.

hahahahaha. that there is the understatement of the year. especially since i'm one of those that are peeved by their BS again.

lostrune wrote:
They'd just edit all that out of the dub anyway. Laughing

that there is also true. could you imagine if it was released with an uncut version and with the original japaneese script Especially those infamous " Banned epsiodes" and especially where anime was still new & just a test phase to the US in the mid 90's? PETA and those parental advocates would have a field day. Hell i wouldnt be susprised that dumbass anti video game lawyer Jack Tompson would target the franchise let alone anime as a whole on his hit list.

Though me and most people will have their gripes with 4kids, some of us do agree they at least treated the anime series ok so we wouldnt have that dooomsday senario.

though where they succeed,PUSA screwed up.their dub is ok and it's watchable,but it's medicore at best. and its no longer the 90's. it would have done the anime series wonders if they did released the dubs and movies from 4kids with the original japaneese scripts as well as Best Wishes too. it would definitely quash those fanssubers and illegal streamers from milking from the franchise , at least in the anime dept.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TopGunman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:48 am Reply with quote
All the bastard members of PETA can rot in hell. As much as I'm against animal cruelty, I despise PETA.

Also, if they paid attention, in the anime at least, you'd be disqualified as a trainer if you put your Pokemon in a life-threatening battle. (The one where Ash battle Blaine for the first time)
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
All the bastard members of PETA can rot in hell. As much as I'm against animal cruelty, I despise PETA.

Also, if they paid attention, in the anime at least, you'd be disqualified as a trainer if you put your Pokemon in a life-threatening battle. (The one where Ash battle Blaine for the first time)

I definitely remembered that gym battle with satoshi and the volcano.

I was kinda shocked they even allowed it in the US. not to mentioned PETA would have gripes for that ep as well as some scenes in season 1 where it brifely had guns shown.

dont know what their deal is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Speak for yourself. I'm 30 years old, and I think the idea of a "dark, edgy" Pokemon game is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. And I can tell you that my roommate and mother (both players as well) would agree with me.

You want something different, play Conquest. But stop implying that you speak for all adult fans, or even a large portion of them. It makes you look like a child who's not getting their way.
underlock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:18 am Reply with quote
Quality comedy.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
It makes you look like a child who's not getting their way.

Wow. Where did that come from.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
I went to the site. I remember the older games. Cooking Mama kills animals, boy that sure brings back memories. That game is such a lie. C'mon people what do we live in the Dark Ages? When is the last time you seen someone go out and grab a chicken and choke it? Last time I checked the dead animals I consumed were already bred, fed, sent to the slaughter house, drained, sliced up, packaged, frozen and shipped off to neighborhood chain grocery store to be bought ready to be prepared right in my own home. So in a word, IT'S ALREADY DEAD. You cannot kill what has already been killed. That sin lies with the commercial chains. But I guess I'm sinning as well by eating it.

I guess it's ok to kill those humans who put you in chains as well. As Pikachu zaps the crap out of them because group protest, and hugs don't work. LOL!!! Yep, I tried the game. To be honest I don't know how to play Pokemon even though I own the old Pokemon Blue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10