• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2006

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akukaze

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Quote:
Tokyopop had announced Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning, a “relationship issue” with Square Enix has affected the release of that and several other titles.

Does that mean they no longer hold the licensing to those series? Or do they still officially have them but can't release them?

A certain title I'm interested in that was licensed over a year ago is one of the "several other titles" and I would like to know more of what's going on with that.... I can't even find scans for it past the tenth chapter.... so Tokyo Pop releasing it is going to be the only way I can read the rest of it.

I'm pretty sure this means that they're not going to be able to release He is My Master, Spiral, or Zombie-Loan (and any of the other Squenix titles they announced around that same time) at all. I'm not sure what con it was, but Tokyopop said that they lost the liscense for Spiral, if memory serves correct.

Though, Shinsengumi Immon Peacemaker is a Squenix title, so who knows what's going on....

Dargonxtc wrote:

Also thats probably the best answer on X I have heard. I thought there were more than 21 tarot cards though.

There are two sections or groups when it comes to the Tarot, the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana. The Minor Arcana has 56 cards (14 cards in 4 different suits) and the Major Arcana (which is composed of the "named cards i.e., the Magician, the Hanged Man, the World etc.) which has 22 cards.

She probably meant the number of "numbered cards" in the Major Arcana (the Fool is either unnumbered or numbered as 0, depending on the deck), since there are 78 tarot cards total.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:

I'm pretty sure this means that they're not going to be able to release He is My Master, Spiral, or Zombie-Loan (and any of the other Squenix titles they announced around that same time) at all. I'm not sure what con it was, but Tokyopop said that they lost the liscense for Spiral, if memory serves correct.

Though, Shinsengumi Immon Peacemaker is a Squenix title, so who knows what's going on....

Remember that Broccoli hinted at a "major Squenix license to be announced at Comic-Con," so that might fill in some of the pieces to the puzzle...
adam_omega

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:

I believe Mag Garden controls the rights to the Peacemaker franchise even though the sequel was in GanGan.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
actawesome wrote:
Heh I made an account just to comment on this..

While in the audience I actually caught one of those things, heh put it down so I could ask a question in the panel. When I came back you guys took them back and I was weirded..

Oh, I was pretty sure I said to pass them around and that we wanted them back...

I guess I didn't say it loud enough.

-t
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
That's a cat? Well, I guess it is.

Did April come early this year? (Or late, depending on your view)
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:44 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
actawesome wrote:
Heh I made an account just to comment on this..

While in the audience I actually caught one of those things, heh put it down so I could ask a question in the panel. When I came back you guys took them back and I was weirded..

Oh, I was pretty sure I said to pass them around and that we wanted them back...

I guess I didn't say it loud enough.

-t

you did just some people are like hey free crap. Like last year didn't some Protoculture addicts go missing to?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
actawesome

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote
What happens if you don't get the cat? Just curious.

Again it couldn't have been the one that I got thrown too because that one didn't have a collar, still though.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote
Where's kitty Crying or Very sad Anime cry

Seriously, when is the last time we got a furry animal on a certain feature lately. How much you want to bet there is going to be a feature on the "Return of Answercat".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nabeshin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Area88 wrote:
Does Animeigo ever attend these cons anymore?

Last year they started focusing on foreign live-action films, quite a few with Mifune-san, and downplaying the anime, so that's more the reason why they don't do cons much anymore.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Nabeshin wrote:
Area88 wrote:
Does Animeigo ever attend these cons anymore?

Last year they started focusing on foreign live-action films, quite a few with Mifune-san, and downplaying the anime, so that's more the reason why they don't do cons much anymore.
yeah kinda sucked they werent there was gonna ask them about Yawara agien not that UY is done.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Eps. are playing now. Early launch apparently.
Raoh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Where's kitty Crying or Very sad Anime cry

Seriously, when is the last time we got a furry animal on a certain feature lately. How much you want to bet there is going to be a feature on the "Return of Answercat".

Trust me, I know what ya mean.

I've been in kitten withdrawals lately. I'm not eating or sleeping right, and I am seeing things.

Ok, perhaps not that far, but still.....I miss the kittens.
DaZ616

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:35 am Reply with quote
why cant Anime Expo come to Australia??..... Crying or Very sad

i feel left out Sad

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:40 am Reply with quote
DaZ616 wrote:
why can't Anime Expo come to Australia??..... Crying or Very sad

i feel left out Sad

-DaZ

Probably because ANime Expo is designated for California, which is actually the most convenient place if you're coming from anywhere in the Pacific. Unless California isn't the only place Anime Expo has been.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:48 am Reply with quote
There was once AXNY and AX Tokyo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8