• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Manga Questions & References Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I haven't heard anything and can't find an official confirmation but given how long it's been since there was a release and how long the Japanese volumes have been available, it definitely looks very cancelled.

I agree that there is not much hope for Crimson Hero, however Dark Horse says that they will release volume 14 of Eden: It's a Wonderful World at the end of March 2014. That will be more than two and a half years after volume 13. There are 18 volumes in Japan and I think that it is finished.
Of course it remains to be seen if Dark Horse will actually publish it, and Viz is not Dark Horse, but anything is possible.

Sometimes I think that they just like to tease us.Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
marie-antoinette wrote:
I haven't heard anything and can't find an official confirmation but given how long it's been since there was a release and how long the Japanese volumes have been available, it definitely looks very cancelled.

I agree that there is not much hope for Crimson Hero, however Dark Horse says that they will release volume 14 of Eden: It's a Wonderful World at the end of March 2014. That will be more than two and a half years after volume 13. There are 18 volumes in Japan and I think that it is finished.
Of course it remains to be seen if Dark Horse will actually publish it, and Viz is not Dark Horse, but anything is possible.

Sometimes I think that they just like to tease us.Wink

they say that they don't announce dropping series because it makes them look bad but in my opinion leaving customers twisting in the wind makes you look even worse.

Did they ever officially drop reborn!? i wasn't getting that but it had is fans
paperbox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
whats the first arc of higurashi?
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote
paperbox wrote:
whats the first arc of higurashi?

The first arc is Onikakushi-hen (Demoned Away Chapter). The US release calls it the "Abducted by Demons Arc", and is the first 2 volumes of the manga.

As an aside, it's also episodes 1-4 of the anime.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:11 am Reply with quote
A quick product question: does anybody know if the first three volumes of Fullmetal Alchemist in Viz's complete collection set are the foil versions? Or are they the non-foil versions?
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 am Reply with quote
did they only do the first 3 volumes in foil?
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:18 am Reply with quote
As far as I'm aware, only the first 3 volumes were ever done in foil.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote
ah, there was me thinking it was a first print deal
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
As far as I'm aware, only the first 3 volumes were ever done in foil.

This is correct.

I'm really curious if Viz kept those in foil in their box set or if they look like the other volumes like in their subsequent reprints.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
"Tonari no Kashiwagi-san" NOT in encyclopedia

Granted, it is (apparently, anyway) a manga and A.N.N. is -- I gather -- very much behind the curve when it comes to staying on top of Manga entries for the encyclopedia. But even so, I am very much surprised that that a manga that is being advertised in a banner advertisement here on the site does not have its own encyclopedia entry. Does anyone know when "Tonari no Kashiwagi-san" will get its own encyclopedia entry?
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:05 am Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
"Tonari no Kashiwagi-san" NOT in encyclopedia

Granted, it is (apparently, anyway) a manga and A.N.N. is -- I gather -- very much behind the curve when it comes to staying on top of Manga entries for the encyclopedia. But even so, I am very much surprised that that a manga that is being advertised in a banner advertisement here on the site does not have its own encyclopedia entry. Does anyone know when "Tonari no Kashiwagi-san" will get its own encyclopedia entry?

You're probably better asking this in the encyclopedia forum.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Edit

Last edited by Bright_Spear on Tue May 06, 2014 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:12 am Reply with quote
Hey y'all i got a question for any on you who have read bokurano.

I have been buying random volumes i find cheap with the intention of going back for earlier volumes and im digging up some past shit-fits about censorship in volume 2, something to do with sexual content.

I was kinda surprised to see censorship from the ikki line but im just wondering what the extent of the censorship is? are pages removed or is it just a bit of cropping to make the scenes less graphic?

I really hate censorship but im willing to bend a bit as long as the publisher isn't taking the piss and viz rescued ten ten from what cmx were doing so i would give them a bit of credit.

whatever the edit was it wasn't enough to stop this series being recommended to me as this is the first im hearing of it.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
The edit I'm most aware of is in v2 or 3, it involves bursting in on a sex scene basically, Viz zoomed in the image to make it less graphic. Sure, you can tell somebody has busted in on somebody else having sex, there's no doubt about that, but possibly because it's underage sex iirc, maybe they did it to be safe. I don't think that edit is a huge deal personally because it doesn't change the meaning of the scene at all, but if some kid were to glance through it at a B&N (or Chapters or what have you), I don't think it would jump out quite as obviously with this edit. Reading it though, I honestly didn't notice.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
cool i was just looking for some opinions of the state of it. If the scene in question still exists then the edit cant be that bad i guess.

Some stuff i can deal with easily and other stuff i rage over, took me a few years to get over the whole zoro/zolo stuff in one piece because its just retarded.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 37 of 45