• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuruyuri Slice-of-Life Manga Gets New Animation Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Hope this will be season 3 :>

That's why I limit by enthusiasm when something is announced as "a new anime project", as that could be anything from a one shot OVA to a movie to a new series.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
If you, as a user, have tried to audit them multiple times and failed, why would the rest of us doing the same thing have a different result?

The rest of us are also users. We can all participate in audits.

Quote:
this is something only the staff has been given rights to fix and they have failed to do so.

Only the staff can change it but we, the users, need to tell them if we want it to be changed.
The staff does not decide what the genres and themes are. The users do.

feuerwerke wrote:
I'm a bit lost here. If you can't do it as a user, what good would it do for someone else to try as a user? You contradicted yourself in saying that only users can do it but you, as a user, couldn't do it.

One user cannot do it alone. Other users must also request the change. It is a voting process called an audit.
If you click on the "i" icon beside a genre or theme you will see a link for "audit." When you click on that you can vote on whether the genre or theme should be kept or discarded.

I am currently trying to get more information on the process, such as how many users are required to change something.
But it definitely does require more than one person to do anything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Sad that these shows get multiple seasons, while "Flowers of Evil" ends on a cliffhanger and doesn't get a confirmed second season. *sigh*
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Sad that these shows get multiple seasons, while "Flowers of Evil" ends on a cliffhanger and doesn't get a confirmed second season. *sigh*

Its a business. When Flowers of Evil is one of the worst 5 selling shows of the year, it won't get a sequel. The profitable stuff will get sequels because its fans supported it and should be rewarded.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

How dare they give the Japanese what they want.
jet_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

What do you mean by these shows?
Yuruyuri is a good show with good sales.
That's why it got a second season + more.
Yuno07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

Let me break out the world's smallest violin........... Rolling Eyes

RyanSaotome wrote:
Its a business. When Flowers of Evil is one of the worst 5 selling shows of the year, it won't get a sequel. The profitable stuff will get sequels because its fans supported it and should be rewarded.

Exactly.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Expect "Akarin" to be quickly pushed aside almost right after the first new episode starts.... Wink

Not surprised this is happening. After all, there is way more than enough material from the manga for another season.

(By the way, I do expect another season of High School DxD coming some time in this year. The anime has only covered (pun kind of intended here! Smile ) four of the sixteen light novel volumes now in print.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
2014 is really the year of yuri! I miss Akari and the girls so much! I hope this announcement is referring about the 3rd season.
jet_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
Expect "Akarin" to be quickly pushed aside almost right after the first new episode starts.... Wink

Not surprised this is happening. After all, there is way more than enough material from the manga for another season.

(By the way, I do expect another season of High School DxD coming some time in this year. The anime has only covered (pun kind of intended here! Smile ) four of the sixteen light novel volumes now in print.

We don't know yet if the new animation project is a third season or not.
It could be an OAD or a movie for all we know.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

There's a reason for that. Read the manga. Trust me. It's much better. Same interesting story, but you don't have to deal with that messy rotoscope art style they went with which kinda sabotaged the show.

Glad to see more Yuriyuri regardless. It's a fun show and very cute.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Wait a minute how is Love Lab a yuri? I haven't seen the whole thing, but it is my understanding that the main girls are just friends. I mean the entire premise of the show is that one girl wants to confess to guys but can't so ask the other one who she thinks is an expert.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
feuerwerke wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
ANN seems to be clueless when it comes to yuri (I see they still have Love Lab tagged as both yuri and harem for instance), so this is par for the course.

Glad to see more YRYR getting green-lit. I wonder if they'll splice in some content from the Ohmuro-ke spinoff.

Categories and genres are submitted by USERS. As a user, I have tried multiple times to audit the yuri and harem category for Love Lab. Admins cannot remove these categories and genres. If you want to get rid of incorrect categories and genres (I sure do), then please help out and audit them! They cannot be removed otherwise. This is not the fault of the ANN staff.

I'm a bit lost here. If you can't do it as a user, what good would it do for someone else to try as a user? You contradicted yourself in saying that only users can do it but you, as a user, couldn't do it. Unless you worded that poorly, in which case please explain further.

Not trying to be mean, just asking for clarification.

Hi there! Thanks for the question.
Audits take more than one person to remove an erroneous category or genre. Even if I alone say a genre or category is wrong, unless more people speak up, it will not be removed.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Wait a minute how is Love Lab a yuri? I haven't seen the whole thing, but it is my understanding that the main girls are just friends. I mean the entire premise of the show is that one girl wants to confess to guys but can't so ask the other one who she thinks is an expert.

It's not yuri, but basically, at the beginning of the show's airing, a user incorrectly put "yuri"and "harem."
I'm a big fan of Love Lab. I own all the manga, all the Blu-rays so far released, and went to the anime's "school festival" event. I would like for this misunderstanding to be cleared up as soon as possible as well.

Going back on topic, I am very happy for Namori, and I hope her third adaptation does very well.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

But don't forget that bumps in manga/novel sales also sometimes make a difference. That's how some low-selling anime get continuations, so there's other factors as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3