• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cross-Dressing TV Anime Himegoto's Cast, Staff Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:59 am Reply with quote
I love the manga, so I am really looking forward to this one.

Also, why in the world would anyone want a male voice for Hime? It would totally ruin his cuteness. Cute traps are supposed to sound girly.

Now if only they would make an anime for Otoko no Ko wa Maid Fuku ga Osuki!? I would be in heaven.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:49 am Reply with quote
CrimsonDX wrote:

Also, why in the world would anyone want a male voice for Hime? It would totally ruin his cuteness. Cute traps are supposed to sound girly.

Now if only they would make an anime for Otoko no Ko wa Maid Fuku ga Osuki!? I would be in heaven.

A cutsey male voice would make him much cuter in my opinion.

Traps have to maintain SOME masculine characteristics, otherwise they're just futas.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote
well in trap manga traps are pretty much pettanko futas, some of those magnas even have traps as a third gender. i am talking about mangas that are about traps, like this one; not about manga/anime that have traps in them , like happiness.
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
CrimsonDX wrote:

A cutsey male voice would make him much cuter in my opinion.

Traps have to maintain SOME masculine characteristics, otherwise they're just futas.

Seriously, do you really not know what a futanari is?

Protip: a futanari has girlparts in addition to male sexual organs.

A female-voiced trap is still a man in a skirt and unless he happens to have the addition happy places between his legs, he's not a futanari.

And now you know....
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I know that. I'm just saying that I want my traps to have some masculine features/traits and not just be girl with dicks.

The entire ethos of traps is that they're men, but men who try to be cute and adorable. But men nonetheless.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I know that. I'm just saying that I want my traps to have some masculine features/traits and not just be girl with dicks.

That's pretty much how most artists would prefer they be depicted: girls, except male genitalia, no other masculine traits visible.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Which is fine and all, and I like that, but they should still act like boys.

There's this Suemitsu Dicca doujin (trapxguy) where the trap is blushing and covering his mouth because he thinks his masculine voice would turn off his partner, but he (the partner) just goes "I don't care, I want to hear you regardless" and ohmygod it's SO DAMN CUTE.

That's what I love about traps. Not because their DFC futas, but because they're cute boys. Otherwise why not just make a DFC futa? There has to be a reason to make a trap instead.

Last edited by Chagen46 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Chagen, I understand why you like traps who are still a bit boyish, it's dictated by your attraction to guys in general. That's just what your sexual orientation is. Many other trap lovers however don't want their traps to look boyish at all.

Speaking for myself only, I am generally not attracted to guys or more accurately, masculinity does not appeal to me. But I am obsessed with the peen. That's why I love traps, they have the girlishness which I find appealing and the parts between their legs that I love.

An additional quality in traps that are absent in regular girls, boys and futa is just the aspect of looking like the opposite sex (that inherently in itself is a sexy/cute to me). And in that regard I disagree that a trap that looks completely female = futa (they are biologically completely different).
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
Oh don't get me wrong, I like traps who look 100% like girls, I just like it when they still act somewhat like men. I guess it's hard to explain, but a trap that is basically a girl even down to his mannerisms and personality is kind of a lazy trap in my eyes.

Our reasons for liking traps are actually quite similar.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Our reasons for liking traps are actually quite similar.
I agree <3
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote
How I would prefer it for a series that follows a character who is not a trap from beginning but becomes one after the start of the story is to have the character speak in an identifiably male voice, only at first, then there can just be a quick vocal training montage where the character learns to speak like a girl. But I need to be eased into it to make it work for me, personally. I have to say, however, that Mariandale of Ixion Saga taught me how much funnier I find it if the character occasionally slips back into a male voice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2