• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Men & Women Vote on Which Anime Character They'd Want as a Little Sister

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
Kobato all the way. I also find it interesting the women's poll has two characters from the same series tied at 6th place (Kougyoku ftw)
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I think that, aside from the incest angle, the main driver behind Kirino's appeal is the fact that she's someone you could share your hobby with.

But Ren-chon all the way.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:57 am Reply with quote
Lusbox wrote:
Here we go with the incest defenders again..

No matter how much you want it, it's never going to be accepted.

well duh. of course it'll never happen.though there are some countries in eastern europe that do allow it though only for like 1st,2nd & 3rd cousins. but yea, the odds of siblings together in public is slim to none unless the christian faith is demolished.

Touma wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Japan is just like the one in your "Japanese animes".

Actually, the real Japan does not have quite as many mecha and magical girls.

And I still want Ui Hirasawa for my sister.

That's kinda obvious. almost every otaku would prefer ui as their sister cause she is both cute and innocent.

the pervs unfortunately would of course take kosaka and suguha cause their are in love with their siblings. especially kosaka considering she is just as perverted as her brother which is probably why some harems that involves siblings are like only cult favs in the otaku community and not highly popular in the main fanbase.

And speaking of which, if your talking about siblings in love then the girls from onegai twins have to be included in the subject.

And i was definitely surprised that those twin sisters from Onegai Twins wasnt included on this list let alone get a mention.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:17 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
well duh. of course it'll never happen.though there are some countries in eastern europe that do allow it though only for like 1st,2nd & 3rd cousins. but yea, the odds of siblings together in public is slim to none unless the christian faith is demolished.

As I understand it a lot of countries allow cousin marriage. I think it's allowed in some parts of USA as well.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
Yep - ironically, most of the states with bans were the ones where it happened the most. Those states also feel the need to criminalize it, which is beyond questionable. Even if you completely decriminalized all incest, though, you're not going to see sibling couples ever socially unstigmatized - close incest being "bad" is wired into our brains for rather obvious reasons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6