• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Shōjo Time-Travel Romance Manga Orange

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:39 pm Reply with quote
deleted post for how stupid it sounded

Last edited by Animelover12313 on Fri May 01, 2015 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ajr

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:17 am Reply with quote
I'm a little surprised this since I'd heard sales hadn't been all that hot for series that were also on Crunchyroll manga. On the other had, I know Ajin's done pretty well for Vertical, so maybe the increased presence of the title still pays off. I mean, my copies of Arpeggio and Biscuit Hammer also arrived today, so there's at least one person snagged by the arrangement.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
ajr wrote:
Maybe the increased presence of the title [on Crunchyroll] still pays off.

I wonder this too. When titles are on CR it's almost like they get a special spotlight. Logically it doesn't make sense to buy a print copy if you can read it online, but I *think* if the title is a good one, that fans would like to own a physical copy. So maybe, just maybe, CR actually gives titles publicity and can boost sales???
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Logically it doesn't make sense to buy a print copy if you can read it online

Well, that can't be true. For convenience, having something online is great if you can't get it in print. But, logically? Does that mean that if CR isn't available in your country, logic must be thrown out the window? Laughing
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:30 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
ajr wrote:
Maybe the increased presence of the title [on Crunchyroll] still pays off.

I wonder this too. When titles are on CR it's almost like they get a special spotlight. Logically it doesn't make sense to buy a print copy if you can read it online, but I *think* if the title is a good one, that fans would like to own a physical copy. So maybe, just maybe, CR actually gives titles publicity and can boost sales???

Seven Seas definitely haven't experienced a boost from CR having access to their titles but I wonder if the people who read digital and people who buy physical are mostly different markets? I much prefer having a book in my hands to reading a series online. & perhaps shoujo generally has a higher rate of physical sales than seinen which is what encouraged them to go for orange? I'm not sure but whatever the reason in glad they've picked it up!
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
here-and-faraway wrote:
Logically it doesn't make sense to buy a print copy if you can read it online

Well, that can't be true. For convenience, having something online is great if you can't get it in print. But, logically? Does that mean that if CR isn't available in your country, logic must be thrown out the window? Laughing

I'm a penny pincher, so it seems illogical for me to spend money for something twice. (To pay for a book when I am already paying to read it online). That said, when it comes to anime and manga, my heart often wins.... Wink

As far as tossing logic out the window if you live in a CR-less country... I wish I had the wit of Wilde to spar with you, but alas I do not. I concede....
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
As far as tossing logic out the window if you live in a CR-less country... I wish I had the wit of Wilde to spar with you, but alas I do not. I concede....

Laughing Was only having fun!

I can understand why it is the logical thing, for yourself. I'm the same, wouldn't spend money twice on something...unless it is something that I really love. Then, logic really does go out the window.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
Given how beautiful the art is and how well written the story is... Yeah, Seven Seas just took some more of my money! They really have their finger on the "open" switch for my wallet! (Between this and all the yuri they put out...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2