• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action My Love Story!!/Ore Monogatari!! Film's Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harorudo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:07 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this!

...But I remembered Takeo and Yamato met in the train.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:59 am Reply with quote
harorudo wrote:

Probably budget and filming issues. Do you know how hard it is to film on a crowded train? It's fine in animation, but for live action it can be really difficult.

Heck, we should be grateful that Death Note managed to film on a train at all, but then again that probably had a higher budget.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
they did? I remember it being a bus, btu it was several years ago so I might be wrong.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
harorudo wrote:

Probably budget and filming issues. Do you know how hard it is to film on a crowded train? It's fine in animation, but for live action it can be really difficult.

Heck, we should be grateful that Death Note managed to film on a train at all, but then again that probably had a higher budget.

Well if were talking about the death not live action, it just goes to show that sometimes the changes they make from the anime, are for the better.

also, i dont remmber the train being that crowded in the live action (free seats, not many people standing), in apposed to where as the train in ore monogatari is quite packed.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
they did? I remember it being a bus, btu it was several years ago so I might be wrong.

They had it on a bus too, but remember the train scene when Light spoiler[forces the government agent to write down all the names of the other agents]? That was on a train.
koinosuke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
harorudo wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is such a ridiculous statement. A major studio movie based on a very popular manga doesn't have a high enough budget to film a scene taking place in a train? It's not like they'd have to close down the Yamanote line for a day or something. There's thousands and thousands of train cars in the country. I'm 100% sure that there are prop cars used entirely for sets that can be filmed on - maybe you remember a little movie and drama series called "Densha Otoko" - or in English, Train Man?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1