• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Masashi Kishimoto at New York Comic-con

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randy1925

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:44 am Reply with quote
I mean come on we all know the pairings in naruto were shitty. Kishi should have really not paired anyone and just ended it with out forced out pairings like that

{Edit: I removed your petty insult towards part of the fanbase. All it will do is cause arguments. Leave them out of your posts from now on please. Thank you. ~ Psycho 101}
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:26 am Reply with quote
That wouldn't have been any better.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote
Mikael Z. Haswell wrote:

Wow are you seriously using SAO? I mean really? That was not an action that was a shojo. The relationship came first before the action maybe you should check Out sailor moon. I can no longer take you seriously your just another butthurt NaruSaku fan and if you think the examples I sites were just as bad then why didn't the fans get all crazy for it? They did not care about the pairs that's why. You obviously only care because your pair did not happen. And to the comment above it would not have been a Minato/Kushina relationship it would have been a Kushina/Kushina relationship. Every time someone brought up Kushina even herself they said Naruto was more like her.

Not sure you know how genres work good sir. Also you clearly have very selective reading as I said I don't care about the pairings that much. In fact I've been a silent NaruHina shipper since the first series. But I never cared enough to get upset if that WASN'T the case. And I still didn't like this outcome. So nice job jumping the gun there rambo. I don't see any reason to discuss this further with you. Jumping to arbitrary conclusions and insults is generally a sign your taking things to seriously. Plus you pretty much ignored everything else I said so yeah.
pikabot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It was a slightly bumpy road, mainly because I wanted one of the themes of the end to be Naruto forgiving Sasuke. I wanted to make sure the intervening story lead naturally to that in a realistic way to make it plausible. Because if one minute they're fighting and then 'Oh, I forgive you!' would be weird.

Yeeeeah, you maybe should have let that idea cook a while longer before acting on it.
Sakura Renee' Michiko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Mikael Z. Haswell wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:
Honestly I'm not quite sure I believe him deciding on choosing Hinata to be with Naruto in the middle of the story. She largely got shoved to the side after the Pain arc (even then she wasn't that important) and it was only because of the death of Neji that we saw the two fighting side by side. I feel like if he intended to have Naruto end up with her she should have been included much more than she was. Kind of feel like the animators showing bias towards her might have swayed his opinion personally.

How many times does he have to say it before you accept that it was his decision to end it like he did? First he said at the beginning of the year Sakura would have been a terrible women if she just suddenly decided to love Naruto. Then he said he always wanted to draw the love story between Naruto and Hinata but was too embarrassed. Then he said he red penciled the Last script so much SP thought he was a tyrant. He based the love story off his wife giving him a scarf. Now we have this. I don't know what else he can say besides shoving it in your face to get you to believe him. The exact words were "They were always meant to be." I am seriously astounded you can still think SP influenced his mind when not even his wife could.

By Kishimoto's logic I guess Naruto is a terrible guy for suddenly liking Hinata.
Sakura Renee' Michiko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:32 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:
I feel like if he intended to have Naruto end up with her she should have been included much more than she was. Kind of feel like the animators showing bias towards her might have swayed his opinion personally.

I believe there was an interview where he mentioned something about how Hinata should've been the heroine in the story over Sakura so I don't think the animators had anything to do with swaying his opinion.

Kadmos1 wrote:
Oh, I think he knew. He even said, according to one fan translation, that he did all the NaruSaku moments just to troll fans.

"Fan Translation" looks mighty suspect.

The thing about him wanting Hinata to be the main was a fan translation.He said a lot of his workers felt Hinata should have been the main but he said he was proud of Sakura.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
One thing I noticed that wasn't in this article but what I heard from a YT video of this panel (not the one where he draws Naruto or Jiraiya) was that Kishi did admit to being a Ninja Turtles fan.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
Sakura Renee' Michiko wrote:

but he said he was proud of Sakura.

I honestly don't know why.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Mikael Z. Haswell wrote:
Someone should tell the author or studio that because other then some semi-decent fight scenes which disappeared after season 1, it reminded me of Sailor Moon to a letter. Hell it was just a crappy rip off of Log Horizen. But you know what? I'm not even gonna argue with someone trying to justify their argument with a disaster that is SAO. I should not have even commented, I thought maybe people on here were a little more sane then tumblr but I guess not. And I take back my previous statement as most of the ungrateful hard core NS shippers on in the minority. Good bye

I agree, the fans are overreacting,SAO is just a rip off of log horizon, and it is a sorry excuse for a shonen series which ended up attracting more girls than guys, but you all know this topic will die down over time and with the time we have now reflect on the best parts of this epic series which was not intended to have fans that care about shipping and pairing more than the action and story. So let's discuss something that was of great significance to the overall moral of this series. because honestly it would not have mattered who got shipped with who because it was never of great significance to begin with!
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:03 am Reply with quote
I get the feeling you don't watch much of anything if you think SAO is a rip off of Log Horizon. Seriously I don't get how people can have that misinformed conception.

The whole trapped in a game concept was done WAY before either existed mostly by the .hack series. Using your logic BOTH are rips offs.

But besides that both focus on COMPLETELY different topics. SAO is more about survival/trying to find a way OUT of the game and the relationship of the two main characters (until Gun Gale) while Log Horizon focuses on creating a society similar to real life using the rules of the game and growing accustomed to living in a MMO. I don't think either of you even watched the shows before you spouted such nonsense.
Hanatarot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I thought the ending was fine in my opinion. Naruto got to be Hokage and Sasuke went back to normal. The pairing made sense except for Chouji's wife. But Tamari and Shikmaru made sense. Sai and ino was a "possible" choice and apparently was made canon. But in Dragonball Z that was similar to Naruto and how kishimoto wanted to end it. With Naruto having child. Sakura loved Sauske from the beginning and they even had a better relationship in part 1 then Sakura did with Naruto in part two. The fact even the staff of SP and his wife were upset about this is funny to me, where kishi made this series before he even married his wife. And let's be honest there, there will always be a winning and a loser. And Hinata just happen to be the one that naruto married in the end. Sakura got the man of her dreams, And as far as i was concern in Japan there were many SasuSaku fans over there. And when the last came out, there were a lot of fans from japan that were fine about that. Just respect his desion and move on. One piece is clearly avoiding this problem in his story. And other stories like Bleach and such have these pairing wars as well. Can't wait to see his next work but please Kishimoto-sensei, please take a break. You deserve it. Very Happy
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Every now and then I think "Man it would be neat to write manga", then I read a quote in an interview like this...

Masashi Kishimoto wrote:
Naruto took up so much of my time that I didn't really get to spend quality time with my kids. It's only recently that they really accepted my presence.

...and think "Never mind I'm perfectly happy not doing that".
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Exalted Incarnate wrote:
Mikael Z. Haswell wrote:
Someone should tell the author or studio that because other then some semi-decent fight scenes which disappeared after season 1, it reminded me of Sailor Moon to a letter. Hell it was just a crappy rip off of Log Horizen.e

I agree, the fans are overreacting,SAO is just a rip off of log horizon

Actually the novels for SAo started before the novels for Log Horizon, and so did the anime series as well. It's fine if you prefer LH over SAO but SAO is hardly a rip off when it came around first. As pointed out if you want to be technical about they're both "rip offs" of .hack which predates both by many years.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Dr. Wily wrote:

...and think "Never mind I'm perfectly happy not doing that".

Yeah the manga business isn't one for the faint of heart where you'll either create a series that'll be cancelled in a short period of time or make one that becomes popular enough to run for years while ruining part of your life enough to where you'll probably need therapy or some other means to cope......well unless you're Togashi or Miura Very Happy
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I get the feeling you don't watch much of anything if you think SAO is a rip off of Log Horizon. Seriously I don't get how people can have that misinformed conception.

The whole trapped in a game concept was done WAY before either existed mostly by the .hack series. Using your logic BOTH are rips offs.

But besides that both focus on COMPLETELY different topics. SAO is more about survival/trying to find a way OUT of the game and the relationship of the two main characters (until Gun Gale) while Log Horizon focuses on creating a society similar to real life using the rules of the game and growing accustomed to living in a MMO. I don't think either of you even watched the shows before you spouted such nonsense.

There's also the minor detail that the webnovel version of SAO predates the webnovel version of Log Horizon by several years. It was a contemporary of .hack. Writing on the first SAO novel was completed around the time .hack//Sign began airing, and was posted online several months later, with the rest written over the next several years.

But yes, Log Horizon and SAO are very different series. SAO is basically a science fiction series, exploring full immersion VR, and various implications of it. Log Horizon is basically a fantasy series, featuring a cast spirited away to another world, and attempting to rebuild a society for themselves as they try and figure out what just happened.

All of which is beside the original point. SAO was just one example of a series including a plausible romance without needing to divert much time from other things. If that's an objectionable example, it's not difficult to come up with a replacement. For example Fairy Tail has established several couples such that it'd be no real surprise for any given timeskip to result in some of them being married. Doing so to relatively little effort. When you aren't trying to write an actual romance, a handful of scenes establishing mutual interest goes a long way.

For that matter, Naruto itself does a better job than people like to give it credit for. It did a serviceable enough job setting up Shikamaru and Temari, was halfway there with Sai and Ino, and most of the way there with Naruto and Hinata. The real problem with the Naruto Hinata one is that Kishi wanted to milk the "will they or won't they" cliche/trope/whatever until the end. Allow Naruto's crush on Sakura to die quietly relatively early on, and there would be significantly fewer issues with people accepting the developments between Naruto and Hinata. The time freed up from removing what were ultimately red herrings can also be spent developing the various end series relationships better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3