• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Interviews with Monster Girls/Demi-chan wa Kataritai TV Anime's Teaser Introduces Characters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xavon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

The preview never implied harem in any way, a guy getting a job as a teacher at a school is not am harem indicative. Ultimate Otaku Teacer has the same hook but that's not technically a harem.

Okay, I have to disagree with this statement on basically every level.

Were I not familiar with this manga, watching this preview, I would have expected it to be based on an ero-VN. The tsundere reaction of the vampire girl at around 00:42, the sexiness of the bite scene, and the focus on the succubus's (admittedly well covered) breasts at 00:24...

And Denpa Kyoushi is definitely a harem series.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:40 am Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

The preview never implied harem in any way, a guy getting a job as a teacher at a school is not am harem indicative. Ultimate Otaku Teacher has the same hook but that's not technically a harem.

Were I not familiar with this manga, watching this preview, I would have expected it to be based on an ero-VN. The tsundere reaction of the vampire girl at around 00:42, the sexiness of the bite scene, and the focus on the succubus's (admittedly well covered) breasts at 00:24...

This is NOT a harem, nor is it gonna be one.
Xavon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Xavon wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

The preview never implied harem in any way, a guy getting a job as a teacher at a school is not am harem indicative. Ultimate Otaku Teacher has the same hook but that's not technically a harem.

This is NOT a harem, nor is it gonna be one.

Sigh. I know that. I said as much. But just looking at the PV, it seems like the production company wants us to think it is.
Valhern

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:

If I take out the only male character shown in the PV, which doesn't interact at all with any of the girls and is barely presented, this could very well be a Kirara manga adaptation, because it's got three girls, the three clearly fall within the archetype of the "Cute Girls Group"; if anything, the vampire biting on the yuki onna seems more like a yuri bait scene and this could easily be another New Game! with very mild fanservice.

...Now that makes me think why in the hell dogakobo didn't take this one.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
I can already see the doujins...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2