• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2016 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaccide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
A couple of the shorts have started on CR, and they're both 5 minutes and cute. Nyanbo! is nicely animated with mini 3D alien kitties in a real world setting. Kaiju Girls has really weak animation but the characters are kind of adorable.
Chocoreto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:56 am Reply with quote
Thank you Dream Festival, for compiling almost everything wrong with today's anime industry - boredom, pandering that leads nowhere and idols. Throwing this into the trash can and moving on:

There are not many shows that seem interesting this season, but at least Haikyuu and Bungo Stray Dogs are continuing. Not that either of them is of top notch quality (even if Haikyuu is more than decent, it's still not meant to "rock your world" or anything like that), just entertaining enough. The most I'm expecting from this season is to find some guilty pleasure in Bloodivores - from it's naming sense I think I can expect it.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:55 am Reply with quote
I plan to watch (or at least check out):

Magical Girl Raising Project

Keijo (so, some silly ecchi fun)

Tiger Mask W

Kiss Him, Not Me! (yeah, a play on reverse harem & all)

Okusama ga Seitokaichō! +! (season 2 of the ecchi short whose 1st season was licensed by Media Blasters (and i'll believe that it will come out on Blu-ray when I see it with MB's track record...))

Girlish Number
chaccide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 am Reply with quote
So, Bloodivores ends on a serious cliffhanger that intrigued me until seconds later the preview for episode two explains it all away and I no longer have a desire to watch more. Well done, preview writers. Rolling Eyes

The best part of the episode was the MC's Hack!!! program, hahaha. I wonder if it's available for Windows 7?

Graded M for mediocre.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:37 am Reply with quote
Wouldn't "hemovores" make more sense?
Neko-sensei

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
The word is hematophage. If they demand Latin roots rather than Greek, they could invent the word sanguivore (a back formation from sanguivorous, which is a real word). Blood being of Germanic derivation, bloodivore is a misbegotten abomination that makes me cry.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
So is there going to be any decent shonen? I've been feeling like watching a new one for awhile, but last season twin star didn't turn out to be that great and taboo tattoo was less than that. I wouldn't mind some serious mech show, but I've given up on that (obviously outside IBO, hype as fudge but gundam don't have the best of reputation with S2, I swear to god if Mikazuki transform into Camille...!)
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Wouldn't "hemovores" make more sense?

It would, and "hemophages" would have made even more sense. But props for trying, is my feeling. Wink
Valhern

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
So is there going to be any decent shonen? I've been feeling like watching a new one for awhile, but last season twin star didn't turn out to be that great and taboo tattoo was less than that. I wouldn't mind some serious mech show, but I've given up on that (obviously outside IBO, hype as fudge but gundam don't have the best of reputation with S2, I swear to god if Mikazuki transform into Camille...!)

I think Drifters' demographic is seinen, but as far as hot blooded action series go, this is the one for this season. The manga at least is pretty cool.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

There are, of course, but if you believe in TheAnimeSnob thinking of "There has been nothing great since the 90s" of course you will think that there aren´t. Watch Twin Star from chapter 14 onwards if you think has been entirely bad(just don´t hear manga purists PLEASE). But yeah, Drifters sounds cool and Taboo Tattoo is a hot mess that tried to cater to all audiences
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
While bloodivores does make some sort of sense, when used with herbivores and carnivores, nobody is going to use that term outside of academia.

While as a title it is okay, if the common people are using it, then that is just silly. They are vampires, and that is what the common people and the news media are going to use.
chaccide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
Yay two shows I like! I can tell there won't be very many but was looking forward to Izetta and www.Wagneria. Wagneria is exactly like Working so if you missed it like I did you'll love the new show.

Izetta has Mozart in the credits lol. It did use his music effectively-- I liked all the music actually. This is a pretty show about ugly times. I'm looking forward to watching more, especially since it has such a strong and decisive heroine.

4/5 for both
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:57 am Reply with quote
Valhern wrote:

I think Drifters' demographic is seinen, but as far as hot blooded action series go, this is the one for this season. The manga at least is pretty cool.

Art look pretty decent, I think I want to watch a shone more for the intricate fight than anything else and it seems like that's what its aiming for.

I watched bloodivore and I wouldn't call it mediocre but it wasn't very far from that, animation wasn't that great, character were kinda jerks and looking at discrimination but with the target of such regularly turning into mass murder kinda defeat the point since it's not discrimination it's just common sense.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
bloodivores sounds like a good show to watch on a weak season, and this season does not seem to be that weak; of course all the shows I am interested in watching could end up being badly done, so there's that.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
About izetta... was that bunbun?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 38