• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America to Release Danganronpa 1•2 Reload for PS4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Well I was going to buy both for my Vita, but I can wait until this comes out.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I already have both games on Steam, and I'm glade I did because these games are awesome
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Would have been weird if it didn't come to PS4 considering....
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

Not really given that the original DanganRonpa games were released when the PS3 was Sony's dedicated console on the market. This being on the PS4 is particularly weird as they're ports of ports of PSP games.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
^ Turn your thinking around and you'll see the light. Smile
Renasviel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
If there is nothing added I don't see any reason to buy this if one already owns the games on Vita. Aside from that it might be worthwhile.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
You mean I forked out money for the Steam version when I could have just waited to get both for the price of one on consoles?
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:23 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
KH91 wrote:

Not really given that the original DanganRonpa games were released when the PS3 was Sony's dedicated console on the market. This being on the PS4 is particularly weird as they're ports of ports of PSP games.
Danganronpa V3 is releasing on PS4 as well as the Vita. That's why it makes sense to release this.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
GeneStriker wrote:
Danganronpa V3 is releasing on PS4 as well as the Vita. That's why it makes sense to release this.

With the original games being nearly 7 and 5 years old on top of already having been ported the vita, IOS, Windows.

With the Reload Compilation itself already having been released for the Vita itself (in Japan)

And then with CyberDangaRonpa VR apparently being a thing?....not really.

This just seems like a somewhat desperate way to get people to play the DanganRonpa games
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
GeneStriker wrote:

With the original games being nearly 7 and 5 years old on top of already having been ported the vita, IOS, Windows.

With the Reload Compilation itself already having been released for the Vita itself (in Japan)

And then with CyberDangaRonpa VR apparently being a thing?....not really.

This just seems like a somewhat desperate way to get people to play the DanganRonpa games

Not sure what your logic here is. A new game is coming to PS4, not everyone owns a vita so this is just a way to get a possible new audience into the series before the new one comes out.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:52 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Not sure what your logic here is.

That they're essentially milking the DanganRonpa franchise to little aim?

bleachj0j wrote:
A new game is coming to PS4,

V3 is new, CyberDanganRonpa is technically new, this compilation on the other hand isn't.

bleachj0j wrote:
not everyone owns a vita .

Which is interesting since none of the games outside of Ultra Despair Girls is exclusive to the Vita which itself will probably wind up being ported to Steam like the 1 and 2nd games.

bleachj0j wrote:
so this is just a way to get a possible new audience into the series before the new one comes out.

I don't expect it to bring in that many new people considering the DanganRonpa games are visual novel style games with point and click elements something consoles aren't really known for.
terminus24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Not really a fan of VNs on Consoles, so this announcement is kinda meh for me, even though DR1/2 are fantastic games that I'd be willing to double-dip on.

If UDG, on the other hand, got a PS4 release, sign me up. Vita isn't exactly the best platform for shooters, and a port could make that game even better.
PhantomVash808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:21 am Reply with quote
Yes my patience has payed off. I had a strong feeling a collection would be coming to PS4 as soon as the 3rd game was announced for PS4. Always wanted to play the series but don't have a Vita.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:01 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
If UDG, on the other hand, got a PS4 release, sign me up. Vita isn't exactly the best platform for shooters, and a port could make that game even better.

How would a PS4 port be any different from playing it on Playstation TV with a DS4 controller?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
How would a PS4 port be any different from playing it on Playstation TV with a DS4 controller?

Because if you have no interest in the Vita as a platform (which most don't) you're not going to buy the Vita TV to play one particular game on it......even more so if you already have the dedicated system that the Vita TV is based off of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1