• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 Anime Premieres on Toonami on October 7

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TnKtRk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Another reason why Toonami ratings will be lackluster this season again.

Don't like what I typed, then wait for the weekly ratings to come in to have final say.

Razz
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:21 pm Reply with quote
TnKtRk wrote:

Don't like what I typed, then wait for the weekly ratings to come in to have final say.

Razz

Why?
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 pm Reply with quote
TnKtRk wrote:

Razz

You seem bizarrely happy about the most widely-available source for anime in the US* potentially doing badly?

* I know it's hard to imagine for us forum denizens, but there are still plenty of places in this country where it is far easier and cheaper to get Cartoon Network than high-speed home internet access.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:

Heck, even those who did like the first season, out of those there seems some did not like the second season. Trust me you probably did a good thing not watching it. To me actually it's worse than first.

Can confirm, liked S1, S2 is a train wreck that at time feel like a bunch of filler and at other time feel like someone doesn't understand the idea of logical continuation, or really logic by itself. I'm really wondering if all the writer for S1 got replaced for S2 or if they never though they'd get an S2 and didn't plan ahead.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote
TnKtRk wrote:

Razz

If anyone still puts any stock in Nielsen's hideously-flawed ratings data, they're a fool.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:45 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
That moment when people seem to think that the second season was bad and keep going at it as if everyone will agree with their opinion.. Laughing [/u]

I know some won't agree with my opinion on that one.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

Can confirm, liked S1, S2 is a train wreck that at time feel like a bunch of filler and at other time feel like someone doesn't understand the idea of logical continuation, or really logic by itself. I'm really wondering if all the writer for S1 got replaced for S2 or if they never though they'd get an S2 and didn't plan ahead.

There are some good ideas but most of them are bad and a lot of not fleshing things all the way out. Plus, also new unlikable characters that are mostly flat.

Last edited by Codeanime93 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
TO anyone who has no yet seen the second season I say: good luck. You're going to need it. While watching the last episode please remove all sharp objects in your vicinity before the watching it as to not stab yourself or others out of sheer anger. Enjoy one of the worst written second half of Gundam anime ever.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

There have been many number of series with weak to downright awful S2 follow ups, while there are a chunk of narrative flubs IBO s2 is far from a contender for "prime example" in regards to bad follow ups.

That out of the way, I think first time viewers will at least be entertained even for the "longer" portions.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:41 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
TO anyone who has no yet seen the second season I say: good luck. You're going to need it. While watching the last episode please remove all sharp objects in your vicinity before the watching it as to not stab yourself or others out of sheer anger. Enjoy one of the worst written second half of Gundam anime ever.

I actually really liked the second half of IBO (enough to pre-order Funimation's collector's edition of the show, at any rate), and would submit that Destiny, IGLOO, 0083, and 00 had much more severe writing quality drop-offs during their respective second halves (I would include Reconguista and Age in that list, except I thought that both of those shows were pretty uniformly flawed as far as the writing went).

That hasn't stopped me from buying tons and tons of merchandise from each of those shows, though. I'll pretty much take gunpla any way I can get it.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this. While I've been spoiled on a few things from its simulcast, I hadn't watched anything from it yet knowing it was going to be airing eventually on Toonami. All I can do is that we enjoy it far better than we were enjoying Tokyo Ghoul S2 (which we probably will, considering how much we REALLY dislike S2).
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:41 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:

I actually really liked the second half of IBO (enough to pre-order Funimation's collector's edition of the show, at any rate), and would submit that Destiny, IGLOO, 0083, and 00 had much more severe writing quality drop-offs during their respective second halves (I would include Reconguista and Age in that list, except I thought that both of those shows were pretty uniformly flawed as far as the writing went).

That hasn't stopped me from buying tons and tons of merchandise from each of those shows, though. I'll pretty much take gunpla any way I can get it.

I hate to say this show was the first where I really noticed the drop-off and keep in mind I sat through Destiny in it's entirety and didn't bat an eye at it much. I wasn't in love with Destiny really all that much either it was still a meh show to me. I can't really say that 0083 has a massive one or anything either. 00 and IGLOO I haven't seen.

Last edited by Codeanime93 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I'm looking forward to this. While I've been spoiled on a few things from its simulcast, I hadn't watched anything from it yet knowing it was going to be airing eventually on Toonami. All I can do is that we enjoy it far better than we were enjoying Tokyo Ghoul S2 (which we probably will, considering how much we REALLY dislike S2).

It really depends on the viewer on this one, the second season to IBO is very polarizing.
dark13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:33 am Reply with quote
You know whats Funny I actually like season 1 and 2 of IBO my only issue was with the way the handled Hush, they give him too much screen time and I was expecting something to come out of it, other then that I don't get the hate for season 2,spoiler[ I love Tekkadan as much as the next person but things were gonna go bad for them ether way, tho I will say Rustal should have at least got snipped] I would be much happier with that. Wink
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 am Reply with quote
I'll probably end up watching since it will be on around the time of other shows I want to watch, but I found the first season pretty dull, overall. Maybe people's strong reaction to the second season will mean it at least provides something more entertaining for me?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3