• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:37 pm Reply with quote
No not second seaons I'm putting my money on blu-ray only OVAs.

We'll see next week - it doesn't add up only having 1 episode (22) on disc 8 and still charging 5,000+ yen for it.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't Clear Card originally going to be 26 episodes?
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Its documented on the news on this site - changed to 22

animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-01-28/cardcaptor-sakura-clear-card-anime-listed-with-22-episodes/.127053

That's why with where the manga is - the latest chapter out in Japan covers next weeks episode that we are having OVA's.

I really doubt Clamp would let the anime get ahead of published manga.
Morry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Wasn't Clear Card originally going to be 26 episodes?

Everything I've seen says 22. If it will be 26, it's going to be a while before we get those 4 episodes. This episode covered chapters 22-23. There's only one more chapter that was just released, (which the preview proves will be covered) so the anime's either going to be pulling an AMB and cover chapter 25+ before the manga or give us some filler final boss clear card bs to round out the season. The alternative is rushing to wrap up every plot thread.
gumbaloom wrote:
I really doubt Clamp would let the anime get ahead of published manga.

Tbf, they did make a potentially significant change with spoiler[Nadeshiko owning a key instead of a clock] so it's completely possible they're going the anime-only route.

Last edited by Morry on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Slightly incorrect - the chapter that covered the season finale (well the manga volume) that covered the last eipisode of AMB was released the day after the Season Finale - obviously deliberately timed.
Morry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:05 pm Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
Slightly incorrect - the chapter that covered the season finale (well the manga volume) that covered the last eipisode of AMB was released the day after the Season Finale - obviously deliberately timed.

Deliberate, yes, but still after the anime episode.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:07 pm Reply with quote
The fact volume 8 of the JP blu-ray only lists 1 episode (22) I'm putting money on there being OVA's.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:32 am Reply with quote
While CLAMP may choose to round out that last bluray with a OAD or some video extras, I sincerely doubt they will leave this series as a whole to be finished via OAD. CCS is a huge brand. They're going to want to capitalize that as much as possible. I wouldn't be surprise to see them wait a bit for them to have more material to work with so they can give the series a more formal ending in a round of 12 or 22 more episodes. I would also love to see another theatrical release for the series, but I won't press much luck!
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:11 am Reply with quote
https://www.amazon.co.jp/カードキャプターさくら-クリアカード編-Vol-8-初回仕様版-Blu-ray/dp/B07998JQGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528121308&sr=8-1&keywords=カードキャプターさくら クリアカード 8

Here is the Product page for volume 8
1 episode - 22
+ some special footage from Sakura Con 2018

http://ccsakura-official.com/anime/clearcard_bddvd/08.html

Says so here too on the official website

https://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/44996545/

Here are the broadcast details for next Sunday - NOT super special length just a normal length.

Yet still 7,0000 yen MSRP - que pasa ?

Surely they can't think they're gona get away with just 1 episode and charge THAT much? - hence why i say theres more to this than meets the eye.
Southkaio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:41 am Reply with quote
Is the Clear Card arc set in the late 1990s just like the original CCS anime?
Morry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Southkaio wrote:
Is the Clear Card arc set in the late 1990s just like the original CCS anime?

I think it says 2018 on the devices and calendars so... no? At least in the anime. Manga has the excuse of Tomoyo's mom accelerating technology two decades. Laughing

Bummed they spent their last episode essentially confirming we're in for another season of filler. Especially since they changed the climax from the latest chapter where Sakura saw spoiler[Syaoran under the hood.]
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:58 pm Reply with quote
It would have been a terrible ending if CLAMP rushed the entire story in one episode.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
Obviously this isn't the end of the story, and I would be very surprised if there isn't another two cours series next year. Overall Clear Card is not as exciting and charming as the original. I wish I could give it a better grade, but Clear Card only manages to earn a B- to me.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Bummed they spent their last episode essentially confirming we're in for another season of filler. Especially since they changed the climax from the latest chapter where Sakura saw spoiler[Syaoran under the hood.]

I haven't caught up with the manga, and I wish that I hadn't read that! Between that and spoiler[Nadeshiko's key being a clock] in the manga, I'm wondering if, assuming there's a second season, the manga and the anime might go in two completely different directions. Especially considering that there's time travel shenanigans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:38 am Reply with quote
Wait... it's over? What? That's it? There's gonna be more, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 11