• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga's 'Thousand Year Blood War Arc' Gets Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adv193

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Well at least this is a chance for non-manga readers to enjoy the rest of the story.

This is the third series I dealt with after Inuyasha: The Final Act, and Fairy Tail's final season.

Personally I am fine with this though I hope with the case of Inuyasha they do not go too fast-paced with this.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm fairly certain we'll be seeing changes to the arc in the anime. It's pretty clear Kubo rushed through a big portion of the final arc due to being ill. Plus his shoulder was messed up badly which prevented him from drawing more.

Regardless, the Bleach fanbase (which I consider myself a part of) has had to endure a lot from people trashing the series nonstop, telling them it's "dead and never coming back" and all sorts of other nasty crap for the last 8 years. As far as I'm concerned, they have every right to gloat and say whatever they want now that they've finally been vindicated.
danpmss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:57 pm Reply with quote
BlueBeast33 wrote:
I'm fairly certain we'll be seeing changes to the arc in the anime. It's pretty clear Kubo rushed through a big portion of the final arc due to being ill. Plus his shoulder was messed up badly which prevented him from drawing more.

Regardless, the Bleach fanbase (which I consider myself a part of) has had to endure a lot from people trashing the series nonstop, telling them it's "dead and never coming back" and all sorts of other nasty crap for the last 8 years. As far as I'm concerned, they have every right to gloat and say whatever they want now that they've finally been vindicated.

Nah,I'm a big fan of the series who was hugely disappointed by the ending (and trash-talked even by friends for liking it despite my bad final score for it lol), but rather than talking shit back, I rather just be happy it's finally happening, and that there is a chance that we actually get what it was intended to be.

I recommend people doing the same, enough of the toxicity from the Big3 fandom, we are pass that garbage era.
ickybott555

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:31 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
dont get too happy. its not guaranteed that VIZMedia or the original cast will return. a lot has occurred including the death of urahara's VA! and even if that was the case, its possible they might pull a inuyasha final act on us and release the arc on adultswim years later!

THAT WOULD SERIOUSLY SUCK ON SO MANY LEVELS!

also, people said the same thing for fairy tail's alverez arc and DBZ's buu arc but had high praise for the anime version!

so dont count your chicken eggs before they hatch just yet!!!

i just hope that it doesnt take THIS LONG FOR HUNTER X HUNTER TO RESTART ITS ANIME VERSION!

Mad

Michael Lindsay retired from voice acting way before his death. Doug Erholtz was his replacement. As far as I know, there might be a few replacements in the English dub if Viz Media gets the rights (who are we kidding, they will).
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Watch Pierrot pull another Tokyo Ghoul:RE and do the whole thing in 26 episodes. Might make it better, honestly. Rolling Eyes
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:57 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
dont get too happy. its not guaranteed that VIZMedia or the original cast will return. a lot has occurred including the death of urahara's VA!:

they changed Urahara's VA like halfway through the series though
LuluTheOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I couldn’t be happier about this news! Congratulations to all the fans who stayed loyal over the years! I really hope they tell the story the way Kubo meant to but I’ll also be satisfied just seeing the Manga get animated.

The only thing I’d advise fans of, is try not to get too cocky about this. Bleach fans got shit for years and now that we get a win, let’s take it in stride. I’ve seen a lot of fans attack nonbelievers but it doesn’t do anything to be toxic on either side.

Welcome back Bleach!!
Megax36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:03 pm Reply with quote
This is great news indeed... now if only someone could get Yoshihiro Togashi to start releasing new chapters of Hunter x Hunter, I'd say it would be a good start to the new decade for anime.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
Watch Pierrot pull another Tokyo Ghoul:RE and do the whole thing in 26 episodes. Might make it better, honestly. Rolling Eyes

Eh Bleach is one of their most best-selling shows that still rakes in massive ratings even years after its ended so they'll most likely put in a good degree of effort.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Nice! I'm hoping there is some serious rewriting. Cut out the fat. Give more development to Aizen still being around. Orihime also needs a more inclusive role even as just support to make the final ship sail. Tie up the loose ends. And have that final boss make more sense. Plus also don't forget about Hell's existence from so long ago , and I'm not counting that movie, so there's definitely lore to explore for a little more cohesion.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:

Eh Bleach is one of their most best-selling shows that still rakes in massive ratings even years after its ended so they'll most likely put in a good degree of effort.

....Do you have like, links for that? Also Bleach, like the other members of "The Big Three" were/are so long running that they look like hot trash a good amount of the time. Sad
catandmouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
Oh crap. It's going to be as big a mess as the manga was. Plus, I was never sold on IchiHime as it was... I'm skipping it for the sake of my sanity.

Everybody was hating on Bleach for the haphazard pacing and all the lose plot points, but to me what ruined the whole thing was that stupid end pairing.
Why did it even need to end on that note? Not everyone has to get married an shave kids and to me that damn pairing came out of nowhere.
It’s cool that they’re completing the anime, but I won’t go through that heartbreak again.
When I first read the final chapter it ruined my whole day. It really did leave a bad taste in my mouth.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:55 pm Reply with quote
catandmouse wrote:
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
Oh crap. It's going to be as big a mess as the manga was. Plus, I was never sold on IchiHime as it was... I'm skipping it for the sake of my sanity.

Everybody was hating on Bleach for the haphazard pacing and all the lose plot points, but to me what ruined the whole thing was that stupid end pairing.
Why did it even need to end on that note? Not everyone has to get married an shave kids and to me that damn pairing came out of nowhere.
It’s cool that they’re completing the anime, but I won’t go through that heartbreak again.
When I first read the final chapter it ruined my whole day. It really did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

eh the pairings where a bit out of left field but the final fight and how it was done to me was more offensive
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:05 am Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
....Do you have like, links for that? Also Bleach, like the other members of "The Big Three" were/are so long running that they look like hot trash a good amount of the time. Sad

So eternally running anime like Naruto & One Piece have lengths of inconsistent quality....... Okay your point? Even then Bleach actually looked fine for the most part, the main problem was the large stretches of filler that occurred inbetween arcs.

Also here.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-11-01/tv-tokyo-animation-division-reports-increase-in-profits-in-1st-half-of-fiscal-year-2019/.152840

Last year Tv Tokyo the channel that airs Bleach notes that it is still among its top 5 selling franchises despite the show being over for nearly a decade now.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:08 am Reply with quote
At least since the source material's finished, there probably won't be any filler. *shrug*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7