• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
act-age Manga to Have 'Project Announcement' on June 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:42 am Reply with quote
Kirki wrote:

Same here. It is basically a shounen take on Glass Mask. I really wanted to read a Shounen Jump series where the main character is a girl, but I quit after a few chapters. It's not bad per se, but not exactly interesting either. If you want to see something similar, Glass Mask (the ultimate predecessor) and even Skip Beat will do better.

Ironically, I enjoy Act Age precisely because it (so far) avoids the much heavier romance aspects of both Glass Mask and Skip Beat; while I enjoyed what I read of those stories, it was the acting segments that hooked me, and I honestly found the romantic subplots to be turn-offs. But this is very much the Bakuman or Smile Down the Runway of acting, and basically none of it is true to life.
Dextres

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I wish to hold off on this one until I'm finish with my monthly manga of Attack on Titan and AO no exorcist.

Then I will go into this one completely fresh.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Stage play in 2022 of the Night on the Galactic Railroad play adaptation arc, according to magazine scan. So how does a play of a play feel like?
Act-Age isn't the cover of the upcoming issue, so odds of anime announcement were low anyway. Not addressing anyone specifically, but just in case, for the readers out there who follow random anitwitter folks, don't fall for vague horoscope-like predictions without sources, mmkay?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2