• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:22 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Clayman always thought he was bigger than he actually was. Being a puppet master doesn't really equate to having actually physical power one on one. He wasn't even an actual demon lord, so it makes sense than any real demon lord can kick his butt.

I'm not sure if they'll really improve from Clayman at this point as far as villains go.
MagicianMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:26 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:

Twisted Evil

Better get used to that.

Naw, I'll probably just end up dropping the show tbh. I enjoyed the journey up until now, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to sit through another 24 episodes of "sasuga Rimuru-sama!"
Probably best to pack it in while I still have goodwill left for the show.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
• I'm not sure why Luminous Valentine tried to hide her identity. I assume that Milim, Guy, and Ramiris all knew her true form—and have for hundreds of years. Maybe she was just wary of the newbies?

Well, for starters there's an entire religion based around her name =P It's the one the holy church follows, right? Which could have some interesting political implications... but this is Slime.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I am ambivalent regarding the writing elements of Slime: A good thing about the show is that it is based on the work of an amateur novelist, who is not familiar with standard writing tropes so the story can evolve in different ways that we cannot easily expect. But, the amateurish writing can also produce negative results when the show loses its balance and it becomes too self-indulgent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:35 pm Reply with quote
MagicianMan wrote:
GhostD wrote:

Twisted Evil

Better get used to that.

Naw, I'll probably just end up dropping the show tbh. I enjoyed the journey up until now, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to sit through another 24 episodes of "sasuga Rimuru-sama!"
Probably best to pack it in while I still have goodwill left for the show.

No one will blame you if you want to drop this.

Quote:
• Veldora is not wrong; Rimuru is pretty good at picking names. I mean, he should be, after naming every single monster in Tempest.

LOL if you ever read the novel you'll find out that the names Rimuru gives the mooks arent exactly the most clever. The only ones with actual thought-out names are his inner circle and the members of the original goblin village he joined at the start and not even all of their names are revealed.

Looks like my assumption for season 3 was wrong. Guess we'll see what this movie gives us in time
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see there's more coming, but I would have preferred a 3rd season. Hopefully the movie does well to get us one (presuming one isn't already planned)

Yuvelir wrote:
I can't be a coincidence, right? How in the exchange between RImuru and Clayman, it was Rimuru who spouted several villain-type lines (specially "if you tell me I'll grant you a quick death")while Clayman's were heroic.

I definitely agree about that line with Rimuru specifically. When I heard it I thought, "isn't that usually the villains line?"
Leviathonlx1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I'm glad to see there's more coming, but I would have preferred a 3rd season. Hopefully the movie does well to get us one (presuming one isn't already planned)

Yuvelir wrote:
I can't be a coincidence, right? How in the exchange between RImuru and Clayman, it was Rimuru who spouted several villain-type lines (specially "if you tell me I'll grant you a quick death")while Clayman's were heroic.

I definitely agree about that line with Rimuru specifically. When I heard it I thought, "isn't that usually the villains line?"

It'll likely get a 3rd season eventually but since the manga is more popular than the LN they don't want to pass the manga which is only 1 chapter ahead of where the anime ended.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:24 pm Reply with quote
A Very Important Meeting: The Movie!

Lets goooooooooo!
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Quote:
• I'm not sure why Luminous Valentine tried to hide her identity. I assume that Milim, Guy, and Ramiris all knew her true form—and have for hundreds of years. Maybe she was just wary of the newbies?

Well, for starters there's an entire religion based around her name =P It's the one the holy church follows, right? Which could have some interesting political implications... but this is Slime.

well her FIRST name more or less spell it all. she was the one that created the western holy church and its teachings!

it would definitely shake the whole human population to ite core if that EVER gets out! specifically eren's father and hinata herself would never be the same if they discover this!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:33 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Yuvelir wrote:
Quote:

well her FIRST name more or less spell it all. she was the one that created the western holy church and its teachings!

it would definitely shake the whole human population to ite core if that EVER gets out! specifically eren's father and hinata herself would never be the same if they discover this!

spoiler[Hinata knows]
thedarkemissary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:06 am Reply with quote
... well... I guess Shuna's attack on Clayman's castle went... fine? Noone else was home? I wonder if anyone told Rimuru that he's got a brand new legion of undead skeleton warriors waiting back in town. And I suppose this isn't the first time Veldora's been imprisoned for centuries only to then pop back up in human form, since literally noone was surprised to see him. But, I think the most confusing thing is that multiple Walpurgi had to be held to come up with the "Ten Great Demon Lords" title. I wonder how long it took Guy to come up with the name "Guy Crimson," and whether or not he considered "Red Man." "Dude Red?"
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:42 am Reply with quote
thedarkemissary wrote:
... well... I guess Shuna's attack on Clayman's castle went... fine? Noone else was home? I wonder if anyone told Rimuru that he's got a brand new legion of undead skeleton warriors waiting back in town. And I suppose this isn't the first time Veldora's been imprisoned for centuries only to then pop back up in human form, since literally noone was surprised to see him. But, I think the most confusing thing is that multiple Walpurgi had to be held to come up with the "Ten Great Demon Lords" title. I wonder how long it took Guy to come up with the name "Guy Crimson," and whether or not he considered "Red Man." "Dude Red?"

The origin of the name Guy is a LOT LESS corny than you might think. Thats all Ill say about it
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:52 am Reply with quote
Maroon Man. Burgandy Bro. Ruby Dude. So many choices. Probably took him decades to decide. Very Happy
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:13 am Reply with quote
Well, that settles it. He will officially, unofficially be known as Burgandy Bro in all future thread discussions (at least in my head canon).
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 am Reply with quote
I'm more partial to Ruby Dude and am prepared to fight over this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 45 of 45