• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trigun Manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharinganKakashi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I heard that the Trigun manga went on longer than the anime. And went past it in the story. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, how long will it take Dark Horse to translate that far, if anyone knows. Also, to add on to my game of 20 questions, does anyone know how many volumes Trigun will be?
L337Llama

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:29 pm Reply with quote
When the anime was made, the manga was still running. Since its faster to make anime than manga, they kept going with thier own version of the story. I dont know what point in the anime/manga the story starts to change. As far as I know, the Trigun manga isn't done yet.

If im wrong about any of this, correct me please. Thats all I know, sorry I cant be of more help.
king_micah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:20 pm Reply with quote
The manga is still on going in Japan. We have no idea how long it will be, but it will be pretty long. The split occurs after the flash back to Seeds. After that point, the anime just makes up a story. They did many changes before, with many references to Rem in the first chapters being omitted.
SharinganKakashi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the infor guys. I'll definately be picking up the manga.
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Not counting the first three volumes, there are 8 volumes of Trigun Maximum. As far as the story goes, the main differences between the anime and manga are that spoiler[Wolfwood is still living] and the Gun Ho Guns are given more character development, which also applies to Wolfwood as well. Legato happens to be more bizarre in the manga, including his food fetishes. There are also some small changes in Vash's character as Maximum seems much more serious than the first triology.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1