• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-06-03

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:37 am Reply with quote
if he doesn't get any after all this abuse, i would feel sorry for him....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Analog_Now

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:08 am Reply with quote
What a crazy girlfriend, she also likes crawny chests xD
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:24 am Reply with quote
Analog_Now wrote:

HEY!! size isn't EVERYTHING!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 am Reply with quote
Love it!
Rastage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:49 am Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
Okay in my 2nd novel, I have this nerdy character who also happens to be named Kevin (purely consindental), anyways he's a total nerd who gets teased in the story who decides to seek revenge against those that harmed him by joining Damien the villain(so he's an antagonist for much of the novel)... any ways, he's 16 and yet he has not reached prubity so he had the psyiyic of a 12 year old... So I think it's safe to say... that Kevin is more patheic than my Kevin... sad...

Side note to this: Kevin's love interest (who was introuded in my frist novel) happens to be named Nina... I wasn't think about the comic strip when I came up with the names, it just happened that way (and I came up with the names when the comic was new so it didn't matter)

ehhh.. what?
Rastage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Just as a comment on Fushugi Yuugi, does it ever get good? I'm borrowing the DVDs from my friend, who could only make it halfway through before giving up, and it seems pretty bad. I finished the first seven episodes. It's generic shoujo, there's no comedy, the lead is irritating in both languages, less on the dub because the voice is slightly deeper. On top of that, the art is terrible; backgrounds = what? Why does everyone love it so much? Are people who like all like the girl using Kevin, insane?

Do you realize that Fushiugi Yuugi came out in 1995? It was a instant hit as a shojo anime back then. Of course it looks bad when it's compared to many animes being produced nowadays.
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 am Reply with quote
I think that Fushugi Yuugi is used here as a symbol of the shoujo reincarnation of Dragon Ball- series which is not a masterpiece but some time ago had something that made children crazy about it. Most of this children have grown up and now trying to re-watch it wonder why were they so fascinated by it, but some of them didn't-like Kevin's girlfriend.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:57 am Reply with quote
Oh gawd, <shudder> this whole thing is "unholy". That chick is insane. More like fanatically insane.

Hmmm...wonder what she does in her "real" spare time. Shocked
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quote
Jonasan wrote:
Can't help but think that the artist being asked to look at Kevin's non-existent chest is Robin's cameo appearance into her own comic. :-)

Wouldn't put it past her since Nobuhiro Watsuki (creator of Rurouni Kenshin, Buso Renkin, Gun Blaze West) made appearences as a pig in Buso Renkin.

So its not entirely uncommon.
LKK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:01 am Reply with quote
Analog_Now wrote:

The girlfriend is delusional. In her mind, I bet Kevin's chest looks fantastic.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 am Reply with quote
Rastage wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:
Okay in my 2nd novel, I have this nerdy character who also happens to be named Kevin (purely consindental), anyways he's a total nerd who gets teased in the story who decides to seek revenge against those that harmed him by joining Damien the villain(so he's an antagonist for much of the novel)... any ways, he's 16 and yet he has not reached prubity so he had the psyiyic of a 12 year old... So I think it's safe to say... that Kevin is more patheic than my Kevin... sad...

Side note to this: Kevin's love interest (who was introuded in my frist novel) happens to be named Nina... I wasn't think about the comic strip when I came up with the names, it just happened that way (and I came up with the names when the comic was new so it didn't matter)

ehhh.. what?

Just some weboo who made a fanfiction with the names of Anime News characters.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Rastage wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:

ehhh.. what?

Just a person who writes in their spare time that happened to come up with similar characters and exact names. No harm there.

The first song I ever wrote (which won first prize in a competition) was an intentional plagiarism of Yasunori Mitsuda's "Millenial Fair" from the Chrono Trigger soundtrack. I didn't notice this until 4 years later, when I replayed Chrono Trigger and had an "oh sh!t" moment. Sometimes these things just subconsciously... happen.

Anyway, great comic Robin!
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Rastage wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:

ehhh.. what?

No it's not a fanfic, I am a fanfic writer, it's not an Anime News Nina fic but rather an actual novel I'm writing with the same names.... I was jut pointing out the fact that Kevin is more pathetic than the 16 year old who has yet to go thorough prubity who also happens to be named Kevin.

Thought I shouldn't have brought up Nina from my novel (who happens to be the complete opposite of Nina from the comic)
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
Rastage wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Just as a comment on Fushugi Yuugi, does it ever get good? I'm borrowing the DVDs from my friend, who could only make it halfway through before giving up, and it seems pretty bad. I finished the first seven episodes. It's generic shoujo, there's no comedy, the lead is irritating in both languages, less on the dub because the voice is slightly deeper. On top of that, the art is terrible; backgrounds = what? Why does everyone love it so much? Are people who like all like the girl using Kevin, insane?

Do you realize that Fushiugi Yuugi came out in 1995? It was a instant hit as a shojo anime back then. Of course it looks bad when it's compared to many animes being produced nowadays.

I've still seen plenty of anime from that era that have decent animation and are of comparable length, I wasn't comparing it to shows today. It might also be somewhat due to Geneon cramming 6-7 episodes on a disc.
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:50 am Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
No it's not a fanfic, I am a fanfic writer, it's not an Anime News Nina fic but rather an actual novel I'm writing with the same names.... I was jut pointing out the fact that Kevin is more pathetic than the 16 year old who has yet to go thorough prubity who also happens to be named Kevin.

Thought I shouldn't have brought up Nina from my novel (who happens to be the complete opposite of Nina from the comic)

S'alright Emma. I don't think there's any real need to defend yourself here - I doubt anyone was nodding along to Teriyaki's insightful 'weboo' comment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4