• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Digital Download of Shuffle! in English Available Worldwide Exclusively at Mangagamer.com

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:30 am Reply with quote
I love Shuffle and would love to play the game, but I don't think I'll drop $52 on it. That's how much the box set would cost me. I'm also kind of paranoid about owning something that's only digital; I always think something will go wrong with my computer down the road and then I'll not only lose the game, but $52 as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote
Sigh. Yet another game they've released that I'm dying to play. ~_~ I just can't justify those damned exchange rates, though...That's even one of their cheaper titles, if I remember correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Quark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote
While I'm disappointed that it's only a digital download, I'll be picking up Shuffle!
Honestly, the price doesn't really bother me, because they have already lowered the price, plus, Manga Gamer is offering a 2 for 1 deal until Aug. 31, so if you figure that you take advantage of that offer, then Shuffle will work out to be something like $30.
Considering that if you play through all the character arcs, that's quite a long game for $30.
Also, I don't tend to worry about losing a paid download. Don't forget that there are lots of ways to obtain things online without having to pay. I figure if I've already paid the money for the game originally, then there's nothing wrong with downloading it through torrents if I happen to lose it.
I'm just glad to see that more of these games are getting released in English, as a lot of anime I've enjoyed have been based on these games, and I tend to try and get the original material that things are based on if I can. If they ever released the Air or Clannad games, I'd definitely pick them up.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm also kind of paranoid about owning something that's only digital

There are these things called CDs, flash drives, and even external hard drives which allow you to store a backup.

Just in case you didn't know.
Wink

Having just finished this series, I have to say playing a game of it seems... odd. Only because I know how it ends.

Anyone who gets this game, screen capture the long-haired Asa for me.
Very Happy

I wish I enjoyed playing PC games. Solitaire just doesn't cut it anymore.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Wink

Having just finished this series, I have to say playing a game of it seems... odd. Only because I know how it ends.

You don't know how it ends because there are multiple endings. The anime only chose one ending (the least typical one at that)

I wonder if they'll do the spin off games too?
TJR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:

I wonder if they'll do the spin off games too?

Might depend on how Shuffle! sells.

Soul Link is up next. MangaGamer hired fan translators to do this one.
dan888

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
It's on sale now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1