• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kaze no Stigma Novelist Takahiro Yamato Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Bummer I enjoyed his work. Sad to hear that he passed away and that we probabally won't see a conclusion to Kaze no Stigma. Crying or Very sad
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Ofanim wrote:

Quote:
As I understand it he's been too ill to write for 3 or 4 years.

And today I weep for a man I never met and who never heard my name.

That can be said for many anime fans. Manga-ka and other talented people love the admiration of fans even if they don't know who they.

Ashen Phoenix

Quote:
Same here. It's always a tragedy when someone dies before they reach a ripe old age. Even more so when something of theirs is left unfinished

Ashen, you are so correct. Realistically, many people will pass away before they realize a dream/work/wish/goal has been realized. A good case was Cyborg 009. It was supposed to "finally completed" in 2000 but due to creator Shotaro Ishinomori's passing in January 1998, that work was incomplete until someone posted at http://community.livejournal.com/cyborg_fiction/84730.html that Kadokawa released a book that concluded the series.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Indeed. The best hope is that he left an outline for how the story was to be completed. It's not the same, but better than nothing.

I've not read Kaze no Stigma, but the anime seemed intering. May he rest in peace.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Even Tezuka's words as he was dying was pleading to let him work. Reality is that no matter how much we strive to complete a goal/project/dream, death can prevent us from finishing it.
A.Master7Zero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching Kaze no Stigma and went to see if there was a release for a season 2.... and ended up finding this thread.... wow this fking sucks a year old this thread is,.. After i finished the anime i was happy because they ended it that it would def be continued.. This was an anime that would of been great for another 2 seasons... now there will never be anymore!!! I'm so frustrated.. yes i feel bad that the guy died but i feel even worse that ill never know the conclusion of the anime.

And there's no way some other writer can pick up where he left off could they??? i mean i know it wouldn't be the same but its better than nothing

Again i know this thread is a year old and i prob wont get a response but i just had to vent. i really wish it would be possible for some one else to pick this up
ShadowSinner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
A.Master7Zero wrote:
I just finished watching Kaze no Stigma and went to see if there was a release for a season 2.... and ended up finding this thread.... wow this fking sucks a year old this thread is,.. After i finished the anime i was happy because they ended it that it would def be continued.. This was an anime that would of been great for another 2 seasons... now there will never be anymore!!! I'm so frustrated.. yes i feel bad that the guy died but i feel even worse that ill never know the conclusion of the anime.

And there's no way some other writer can pick up where he left off could they??? i mean i know it wouldn't be the same but its better than nothing

Again i know this thread is a year old and i prob wont get a response but i just had to vent. i really wish it would be possible for some one else to pick this up

Yes, it was a good anime but a second season might have killed the main character too much. I like it the way it is.

Relax, you will get over it. Even though this main character was a rare one in awesomeness and the way he handled the heroine, there are still other good and perhaps better anime's out there.
But just for the record... This main character really was one of the best.

No chance of anyone picking it up either. Not only would they not try to tarnish his work by starting of their own, but the chance this anime was up for a second season wasn't that big either. A 12 episode one at best... They didn't even bother releasing OVA's.

Well you could always pick up the manga if you like. Though they are really slow in translating it and most of it is actually the same as the anime. The original source has some darker tones though... you will notice this when you start the manga. maybe some new material as well if I remember correctly...
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Tragic, always saddens me to see someone who produced a work I enjoyed pass on to the next life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2