• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN Book Club! How many episodes a week?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvanUnisil

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote
The anime hasn't been chosen yet as the voting continues and the winner will be announced on Sunday. However all the series are either ~26 or 13 episodes. Using this knowledge, how many episodes a week would you like to watch?

If it depends on the series, mention it!

If it depends on the amount of episodes in the series, state how many episodes a week you want to watch with the series length next to it.

To make this as accessible as possible let's try to get something almost everyone can agree on. Smile
daxomni

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:50 am Reply with quote
5 Episodes Per Week would be perfect for me. One new episode to discuss each weekday and then take a break on the weekends for others to catch up. Sometimes I'll be among those commenting daily and then sometimes I'll be the one catching up on the weekend.
TheTheory

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote
For a short series (13 eps) I think 3 a week would be just dandy. (by my math, that would be 5 weeks, assuming two episodes a week for the last two... or 4 weeks with 4 episodes in the last week).

For a longer series (~26), I think 5 a week would be about the max... probably 4 would be more ideal. It needs to be a balance between keeping the lenth of the book club down (I think most would agree that a 3 month project is not ideal), while also keeping the weekly load managable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quote
I agree with TheTheory. 2 or 3 a week for 13, 4 or 5 a week for 26, based on what happens in the episodes and where a good place to stop is.
hypersoda

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll reiterate it. If we have a 5 episode per week series, can we lessen the amount of episodes during exam time? This would probably be better for college and high school students. Finals are coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'll be pretty busy then.
aya_honda

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote
It seems to me that 5 episodes per week might be a little too much for some of us, who have a busy schedule or have exams soon enough. I at least will have this problem, I'll have to admit that. It seems to me that 3 episodes per week might be better. Maybe we should take into consideration also the complexity and the discussions that might be stirred up by the series voted winner. If it's a complex one or difficult to follow, five episodes per week might be a difficult thing to keep up with. Again, I am familiar only with Princess Tutu out of those final five nominated so I could be wrong in my assumptions.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
To me, it doesn't matter what the series is or how many episodes it contains. I'd be happiest with one per week, but I know that ain't on the table. I'd be next happiest with two per week. I could live with three a week. Any more than three per week and I'm afraid we're just going to be left with the standard, superficial discussion you can get anywhere.
nagato316

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I vote for three eps per week...seems like a decent pace for any series, and hopefully accommodating enough for those with more densely packed schedules.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote
2 episodes for the shorter series, 4 episodes for the longer ones.

Essentially a slight modification of TheTheory's proposal.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote
3-4 regardless of length. It worked fine for Haibane Renmei.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quote
TheTheory wrote:
For a short series (13 eps) I think 3 a week would be just dandy....
For a longer series (~26), I think 5 a week would be about the max... probably 4 would be more ideal.

this. doing 4 or 5 a week for a 13 ep series is just to fast
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quote
2 a week for a 13-episode series and 3 for 26. Like "Blood-," I'd prefer only 1, but that obviously ain't happenin'.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I'd say 3-5 would work good. Anything less would take to long, and anything more would be hard for some people to keep up. If it's just a 13 episode series than there's no rush, but if it's something like 26 episode series than we might want to speed it up a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:46 am Reply with quote
I'd prefer 1 episode every five days. Comparing to popular airing series (once a week) you see a bit of a lull after everyone has seen it and said their piece. I realize this won't happen, because lots of people want to rush through these shows, for whatever reason, so I'll vote
3-4 episodes per week. I don't think any of the top 5 picks are 13 episode shows. Wait, that's right, GSG. 2-3 per week if we end up with that one.
TheTheory

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
I don't think any of the top 5 picks are 13 episode shows. Wait, that's right, GSG. 2-3 per week if we end up with that one.

And NieA_7. Although I think the other three are 26, or around that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4