• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Tales of Xillia

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Have you played Gone Home? You keep trying to discredit the game by comparing it to a puzzle adventure game and because you think it's in a mansion. It's not and I'm not sure if you think this, it's also not a horror game. It's not trying to be a puzzle adventure game. I'm not even sure adventure game is what it's trying to be. You're not trapped or anything, it's simply a game about a girl returning home and then finding out pretty naturally what happen to her sister. What happen to her sister is'nt actually nefarious or anything either. It's an atmospheric and subtle experience.

But yes a game dealing with the themes that gone home does and the way it does them is'nt progressive because of whatever BS reasons you say so. Yep, I guess the developers were just riding this gay trend thats going around in games and Japan beat them to it because of it's TNA no problemo. Yep, makes sense.

It's funny here's the complaints most of the time:

"Man western games are all brotastic shooters"

Game comes out thats not that and presents forward a positive light on western gaming

"Man thats nothing, they are just crashing in on recent sex issues"

Because thats really what you're argument sounds like. Add in suspicion that you haven't actually played these games and are talking out of your ass.

And add in the awesome argument of dumbing down a game so it fits into your neat bias category.

Yeah Resonance of Fate is just a turn based jrpg.

Valkyria Chronicles is just a Japanese turn based trpg.

Yeah, lets ignore what actually makes these games what they are and beat them down to some vague genre that dosen't quite fully say what the game is, just so I can label it a shooter in the effort to discredit it. Makes so much sense.

I'm done. Xillia sucks. That is all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9