• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Dandy Anime's 1st Episode Leaked Before TV Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
Hmm, no, that's still not quite right.

Fine: Stealing his DVD collection and then broadcasting its contents to the entire world.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:16 pm Reply with quote
sakugaboy wrote:
Now it doesn't matter who leaked it or who's fault it was.

What matters now is to get people to wait for the original release.
ANN is doing a terrible job at it by writing a news article about the leak.
The more attention the leak gets, the more people will try to find it.

A leak before the first episode is a big deal.
Sponsors are going to stop supporting the project if they see low numbers during the first episode.
That's one of the reasons why some anime productions never make it into the second season.

Sorry, but we don't need our news censored for any reason, it happens all too much now as it is.
farichada

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
Hmm, no, that's still not quite right. Madman paid for the rights to stream it, not just watch it for personal use. In the analogy, just copying a guy's DVD collection doesn't affect his ability to continue to watch his own DVDs.

But either way, the point he was making was that it's just silly to say "I am justified in doing anything if you make yourself vulnerable."

Exactly. It would be more like sneaking into his house and bypassing the crappy windows security on his computer then copying and uploading the files when he told you not to. Not only that, but he told you if you took them and shared it would hurt his reputation and may harm him financially.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:16 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:
And people wonder why we can't have nice things. All this is going to do is cause us to get the simulcast later, since the production committees can't trust it getting leaked out before the broadcast.

I don't think so. This like the 5th time this happened. From what people are saying Copellion has been leaked several times, with no consequence.

Yeah but its Coppelion, which is one of the biggest flops of the year.

That being said, it will probably wind up in dubbed form on Neon Alley, along with Blood Lad, someday...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9