• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Snow White with the Red Hair (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:45 pm Reply with quote
season two, episode eight

On the one hand, it feels a little cheap that the whole kidnapping arc got wrapped up so cleanly and even got a little bow on it with Shirayuki meeting her father (and her father turning out to be an awesome guy). On the other hand, given how much I disliked the kidnapping arc I'm pretty happy for such a clean resolution because it keeps the awful contained.

Not sure what they'll be able to get done in the remainder of the season, though.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:45 pm Reply with quote
"Your mom died".

OH GEE. YOU DON'T SAY. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. THE MOTHER DIES BUT THE FATHER LIVES IN A SHOUJO ANIME? I NEVER WOULD HAVE PREDICTED THAT IN A MILLION YEARS. I THINK I'M GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND DIE OVER THAT SURPRISE.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

Lol, that bath scene is funny. Zen shouldn't be so shy Anime hyper

I like the new girl, she's got some fighting skills and also seems to be the flirty type. Plus, her chemistry with Obi made the episode more interesting to watch; although I wish it showed more of their past. Shirayuki's medicine skills came in hand this episode too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was a tasty morsel of comfort food. Nothing to jam up the brain gears or hint at unsuspected layers, just feel-good fluff with the illusion of character development. Since it was Obi-centered goodness, I'm happy. And what a delightful assortment of facial expressions to munch on. :nom nom:
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Nice manservice we got there, yes, Chiibi approves. :p

Obi!

You had a perfect match for you right there....it's a pain to see you go your separate ways.....D:

I doubt we've seen the last of her though....in the manga, anyway.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I think my favourite line was when Obi said Trow was not interested in him before Shirayuki said she was also not interested in her. We don't often see her like that... maybe that time she was drunk as mentioned by Obi in this episode. Also Kiki putting forward Mitsuhide could marry Obi. Kiki has been a little odd, clearly Mitsuhide was hitting on her a bit, people kind of expect it, but kind of does not go through. I would be interested to know more about Kiki, and the preview kind of sounded like it might.

Also, what was Shirayuki's reaction in the bath to Kiki?
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:44 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Obi!

You had a perfect match for you right there....it's a pain to see you go your separate ways.....D:

I doubt we've seen the last of her though....in the manga, anyway.

I'm admittedly quite a bit behind on the manga, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think it's too likely we'll see her again, and especially not in the capacity of a love interest. I think she's more supposed to represent a person Obi doesn't want to be anymore, as opposed to being someone with the potential for a deeper relationship...

Besides, I'd say Obi is pretty clearly crushing on Shirayuki at this point. Wink

(...I'm pretty sure the manga equivalent of this episode is the main source of the subsection of the fandom that OT3's Zen/Shirayuki/Obi... Laughing )
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
season two, episode nine

Yay! The show I liked is back. Shame it took so long.

Trow is a pretty fun character. I'm kind of sad that she's likely to be a one-off. Not because I care about shipping the two, but just because she's pretty amusing in her own right. Why couldn't the minor characters from last arc be as interesting?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 10:

Good episode, really glad that they are keeping Kiki relevant this season not just in some of the previous episodes but this one as well. Plus, I also thought that she's an underrated character so it's fairly interesting to see some of her past.

But really, Mitsuhide thought she was a "boy" during their first encounters? Lol. Funny.

She looks really pretty in a dress Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Kiki dressed up for the wedding interview really did take me by surprise.
"But are you going to have one with Mitsuhide next?" That got me laughing with Izana.

Also loved the flashback with Kiki, the facial expressions when Mitsuhide mistook Kiki as a boy were awesome.

And Zen was able to finally convince Izana
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Kiki's so pretty!!

I'm rooting for you, Mitsuhide. :3

Obi's trolling was absolute gold though.....as was Zen's reaction....omg. Anime hyper
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And Zen was able to finally convince Izana

Copied from my post in the episode review thread:

Darkmagick wrote:
It's probably worth mentioning that Funimation's subs this week had a critical mistranslation of the final line. The subs had Izana saying "I will be you and Shirayuki's ally." However, he was actually saying, "Make me you and Shirayuki's ally." It's a pretty big difference - he still hasn't accepted Shirayuki, he's only accepted that Zen is serious about her, and he's challenging Zen to prove that he should be supporting their union.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 11:

LOL. Haha, this episode was funny.

Mitsuhide was totally out of his usual character. Wonder if that's what he really feels about Kiki Wink Decent episode. I like how Shirayuki advanced position as an herbalist as proven by her medical skills. Congratulations! Shame there's only just one more episode left...going to really miss the show when it's finished.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
season two, episode eleven

It's nice to see Obi fully domesticated and integrated into the castle life. He has taken to the local sport of Mitsuhide-teasing quite well.

While it's nice to Shirayuki achieve her full title, it makes me think that there's probably not going to be any room for advancement for a while, so that thread is pretty much dead now.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quote
Series' finale:

Ah the final episode...good to see Mihaya back.

Also, Shirayuki and Zen shared some intimate moments again to show how their relationship progressed. Pretty fitting finale. I wish Kiki got some "final moments" too but oh well. I thought overall, the show was good, just as enjoyable as season 1 especially the first half in terms of storytelling. I think Bones also did a wonderful job with the technical visuals too. Sad to see this series ending but it was a nice experience watching it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10