• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross F's Megumi Nakajima, May'n to Perform at Anime Expo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenton

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
That's pretty awesome!

Too bad I live too far away to see them.

Annf wrote:
Mari Iijima lives in Los Angelos...

Just sayin'.

Now that you mention that little tidbit (I totally forgot that she lives in the USA now, presuming that she hasn't moved anywhere else since), it wouldn't surprise me to see that happen. And it'd be glorious.

She still lives in the LA area (Iijima Mari). I think I saw it mentioned she'll be in New Orleans in mid-July, but, that doesn't cover the AX weekend. It's a possibility.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Aaah! I love the Macross Frontier soundtracks. Mystery Guest, if there is any chance that could be Yoko Kanno herself then I absolutely must find a way to go. Or if it's Maaya Sakamoto, as I missed her when she was in my part of the country several years ago. Not that those two aren't worth a trip themselves, but if Yoko Kanno ever comes to the US I WILL be there. Now to go figure out my budgets for the next two months to see if there is any possible way to get to California in July. And get the Sheryl Nome cosplay I've been wanting to do off the ground...
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, the last time Kanno played in the US WAS at AX from memory (maybe Im wrong?) - waaaay back in the early 2000s.

But poor MegumI! She is playing gigs in Tokyo on the 29th and 30th and then has to jump on a plane to the US immediately afterwards if she is going to meet this schedule!
Dakaran

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Just the names already listed there made me constantly think about budgeting to come from Canada to USA to check it out, seriously, because if there just one more like Sakamoto or Kanno I'm borrowing money to get there or else i just won't care anymore what it costs at that point. All my idols will be there but Nana Mizuki o_ o!! Shocked just missing those three and everyone I ever wanted to see in person or in show will be geez someone gotta deal me a plane or bus ticket Razz

Man, seeing May'n and MELL in concert just gives me a shiver. I can't wait to see them Very Happy!!! Please announce Macross Frontier Licensed this year, too :p!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2