• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Market Forces

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Just saw Ninja Gaiden 3 announced, which is awesome, and then I watched a trailer for the Devil May Cry reboot... **** the devil, I may cry at how generically bland the new look is.

Also, anyone seen CyberConnect2's big Capcom project, Asura's Wrath's, trailer yet? We FINALLY have a spiritual successor to GodHand from the looks of things Very Happy
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Recettear's dialogues and story is funny and interesting enough to get you addicted, the gameplay is like the icing on the cake (or the opposite, it is arguable).

The dungeon part is kind of hard for beginners, I suggest everyone to save their game before going into the dungeon, because I think you are bound to fail if it is your first time.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Just saw Ninja Gaiden 3 announced, which is awesome, and then I watched a trailer for the Devil May Cry reboot... **** the devil, I may cry at how generically bland the new look is.

Yeah. I'm willing to give it the benefit of doubt, since it could concievably be a good game, but redesigned Dante looks just awful and the dark, edgy and serious story that they're seemingly going for doesn't have my hopes up either.

Quote:
Also, anyone seen CyberConnect2's big Capcom project, Asura's Wrath's, trailer yet? We FINALLY have a spiritual successor to GodHand from the looks of things Very Happy

I was just thinking how neat it would be if they retconned it into a prequel of Godhand. Trailer was awesome, hopefully the final game will be too.

Shadows of the Damned looked pretty promising too, IMHO and more Dead Rising is always good. Would also like to see more of El Shaddai and Last Guardian.
Lunarose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Quote:
Methinks they'd change “Milfy.”

You never know. There's a character in Beet the Vandel Buster called Milfa. Rolling Eyes

That series was in the library of my middle school. When I read it, I thought Milfa was a cute and non-suggestive name. Now that I know more about a certain part of that name, I look back and think, "How did the editor let that one get by? Or rather, why?". I think it's because Beet the Vandel Buster is aimed at a younger audience who wouldn't know any better about that character's name, just like I did. Then again, I was more ignorant than most of my peers about naughty things at that age, so maybe not.

On the subject of Recettear, I hope to play it someday. Though I was skeptical of whether I would enjoy the game because of the cutesy look of all the characters, it does seem interesting and pretty good things are being said about it.

As for Dissidia 012, I'm curious if the plot is going to be cut and pasted from the first game or if there's going to be something completely new. (Wouldn't it be cool if Edgar from FF6 is included and he gets to use his chainsaw-and-hockey-mask attack? Smile )
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Somehow I have this hard time believing Juri would ever put on proper shoes. Let alone heels...

And those pants... Wow.

Fei-Long on the other hand looks a mighty dandy though. Definitely an ass-kickers suit. Surprised
Seljuk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Capitalism, Ho![/i]
mckg1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
i knew a swcond one would come out,
Trunks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:25 am Reply with quote
Lunarose wrote:
On the subject of Recettear, I hope to play it someday. Though I was skeptical of whether I would enjoy the game because of the cutesy look of all the characters, it does seem interesting and pretty good things are being said about it.

There's a demo up on Steam.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:09 am Reply with quote
Despite all of the talk about Final Fantasy in this weeks X Button, you still somehow forgot to include Final Fantasy XIV Special Edition in next weeks releases, Todd. But I'll forgive you since it's an advanced release over the standard edition in two weeks.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aereus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:35 am Reply with quote
PingSoni wrote:
Recettear looks adorable! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it were available for a platform I own (Mac or Playstation).

You don't run Boot Camp or Parallels on your Mac? I thought almost everyone had those as backup these days.
sfried

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Todd wrote:
There better be some Cuthulu **** in this one is all I'm saying

Oh there will be Todd. You know it can't be Etrian Odyssey without F.O.E.! F.O.E!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else's copy of Recettear seem really buggy on windows? Missing sound files and the like, as well as frame right for some reason having a hard time with my Vista.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2