• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Time of EVE: Original Version (Blu-ray) + Movie (Kickstarter funded)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen526

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 am Reply with quote
Woot! Got mine ordered.

Funny, I was just bemoaning the lack of Time of Eve in my collection this morning on the drive to work. (I hadn't realized the Japanese release had subtitles, or I'd have ordered long ago. Razz Nice to get it for cheaper. No qualms at all about paying more than average U.S. prices for this one.)
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
Jen526 wrote:
I hadn't realized the Japanese release had subtitles, or I'd have ordered long ago. Razz Nice to get it for cheaper.

If I recall correctly there were 2 releases (one was singles?) and one of them did not have subtitles.

Quote:
..., www.timeofeve.com is the only distribution gateway for the Blu-ray in the US/Europe. The Blu-ray is not available on Amazon in the US or Europe. Otherwise, you can buy the Blu-ray directly from Japan (Amazon Japan or d-rights.jp) as an import. We have a limited quantity in stock, and quite frankly, they are going like hotcakes...

Arggh! I wonder if this means there is little chance of them making a distribution deal with Shawnee at RightStuf now or down the road. <sigh> My budget for anime this year is tapped out, even if I wanted to buy at that price I would have to wait till the new year. Looks like at this time I will only be getting the iTunes version.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah, there were two releases: this one and then a movie version of the six ONA episodes, which didn't have subtitles. I may be wrong, but I think the movie version actually is longer and may have had some new footage.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/shawnekleckner/status/281530763453820929
Quote:
Trying to get TimeofEve 4 us to sell. Email [email protected] & tell them you want to buy on http://rightstuf.com ! or tweet @timeofeve0306

via Time of EVE Facebook page
Quote:
...Orders will leave the warehouse 12/21 morning.

LINK
Quote:
1) looks like we will be selling out of the first batch shortly, but we will offer another lot for sale in early January. 2) And thank you for your enthusiasm for a Bluray release of the movie. Stay tuned for developments. 3) The Original Version bluray that we're selling right now doesn't have a booklet or other bonus, per say; the thrills come from the interchangeable jackets, so you can dress your bluray up to be Akiko, Sammy, etc. 8 covers in total.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
US shipping update:

* Our US warehouse is now closed for the holidays, and shipping will resume on Thursday, December 27th. We wish you all a wonderful and warm holiday season : ) - from the crew at Time of EVE.

LINK
Quote:
UK and continental Europe shipping update (revised):

* We have been experiencing difficulties with our warehouse in Europe due to the holiday rush, and we have not been able to ship the orders placed so far.

We are working our hardest to resolve this issue, and are aiming to get orders out ASAP after the holidays.

Note: Shipping has not been charged on UK and Europe orders placed so far. We will keep the free shipping enforced for Europe and UK orders until this issue is resolved. So in effect, this is a pre-order special offer - order now, and get free shipping in continental Europe and the UK! We will post updates on FB.

(Sorry to the folks in the US - no free shipping!)

For specific queries on your order, please email us directly at [email protected].

We want you all to be able to enjoy your Time of EVE, and hope you accept our sincere apologies for this delay.

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season, the Time of EVE crew.
GDFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote
My copy arrived Saturday, shipped from Lancaster, PA, only two days after I placed my order. It does indeed look to be identical to the Japanese release, with four double sided covers. I'm suprised by how much of the text on the packaging is in English. Is this common to JP releases?
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
My copy arrived today and I'm happier than a pig rolling around in shit.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 pm Reply with quote
If you guys can post pics, it would be deeply appreciated. As some have mentioned, I hope Right Stuf can strike a deal, so I'll hold off for now to see how things materialize.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
If you guys can post pics, it would be deeply appreciated.

Not mine, but someone posted these @ TFP forums:

- http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=573&d=1356125889
- http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=574&d=1356125902
zrdb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
Having a choice of 7 case inserts is ok-but it's kinda like having 40 pairs of pants-you can only wear one pair at a time.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
If you guys can post pics, it would be deeply appreciated.

Not mine, but someone posted these @ TFP forums:

- http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=573&d=1356125889
- http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=574&d=1356125902

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately, I need to register in order to view them.

Is it the same as this image?
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/TIME-OF-EVE-the-movie-Blu-ray-Are-you-enjoying-the-time-of-EVE-with-MUG-/00/s/MzAwWDMwMA==/$%28KGrHqJ,!poE9mBB%29rFOBPecWYD8Vw~~60_35.JPG
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Happy New Year! We hope 2013 is treating you all well!

* All orders for the "TIme of EVE: Original Version" blu-ray placed by EU residents are shipping today. Thank you all for your patience!!!

* As of today, we are OUT OF STOCK for the "Time of EVE: Original Version" blu-ray in the US/Canada. We expect to receive additional stock in mid-January. In the meantime, we will continue processing orders, and will keep you updated on the shipment status. For direct queries on order status, please email us at [email protected].

Thank you everyone around the world for your incredible support for Time of EVE!!!

- from the staff at Time of EVE
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=425425510860359&id=237998516269727
Quote:
Thank you everyone for your continued support of the Time of EVE Bluray! A bit of good news for residents of Canada: we found a more economical shipping option, and have reduced the shipping charge for Canada to US$9. Hope you all are enjoying your Time of EVE! : )
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Glad more people are "Enjoying the Time of Eve". Like Blood-, I got mine a few years ago from Amazon Japan and I was pretty happy with it.

Now what we need is domestically released versions of Pale Cocoon and Aquatic Language with English subtitles to go along with it. I would be all over those.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8