• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Gosick Mystery Horror Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote
"<Good>! Very <Good>!"

Oh wait, wrong loli detective...

This confirmation is excellent news. Now one of the two shows I most want to watch this season has its simulcast set. I just hope Fractale's license is still secure for Funimation, with talk of CR streaming Wandering Son.

Last edited by einhorn303 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
I'm lost too.

At this point, I think we can confirm that all the leaked shows are true.

Which were?
Besides the normal, everything that airs on TV Tokyo

jtiskool305 wrote:
Yea, there hasn't been any surprises like if they'd announce "Infinite Stratos" or the other TBS show. I hope there will at least be one thing I wont be expecting.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/TBS
I get the you can't view this publisher message.

Would seem to sugest TBS shows are possible.

There's a few suspicous place holder library entries about as well,
with publishers linked in correctly..
spoiler[
/library/Madoka_Magica
/library/Infinite_Stratos
library/Oniichan_no_koto_naka_zenzen_suki_janaindakara_ne
/library/Freezing
/library/Dream_Eater_Merry]

Last edited by Reaper gI on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:11 pm Reply with quote
That auto-link script can produce some pretty funny results. You'd think that it wouldn't be too hard to use some regular expressions so it only matches full words... so cases like this where S novel links to some random yaoi series despite the "s" just being a typical "apostrophe s" showing possession, and not a whole new word.

Also, what's the point of saying "South America" and "Brazil"? Is Brazil no longer part of South America?
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Also, what's the point of saying "South America" and "Brazil"? Is Brazil no longer part of South America?

Shot in the dark, but maybe Brazil is traditionally given its own separate licensing region due to its Portuguese-speaking population.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:
Dammit! I was really hoping someone else would get Gosick. I really love this series, I wanted to collect it on DVD someday...! Crying or Very sad

There is nothing necessarily keeping anyone from picking up the license for DVD distribution in the future. It has happened before.

And here is a list of such shows:

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=104376

"List of shows that received NA home video release after CrunchyRoll simulcast"
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Shot in the dark, but maybe Brazil is traditionally given its own separate licensing region due to its Portuguese-speaking population.

Perhaps because that's where the biggest anime fandom in South America lies, so they need to highlight it.

Next up: Russia.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Aaannnddd the last one for today is Dragon Crisis. link
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote
@egoist: Could be. Seems like all the anime I used to see on TV down there had Portuguese dubs.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does Victorique look oddly a bit like Shinku from Rozen Maiden in a way?
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Cool! This is high on my list. Now I can watch it legally, and all the puns and "Note: This can also be translated as..." will be easier to understand~

Reaper gI wrote:
spoiler[
/library/Madoka_Magica
/library/Freezing

Whoa, whoa, whoa---seriously? They're getting those? I can't see the page...huh. Crunchyroll's really churning 'em out. Madoka was a shoo-in, so I guess I'd be happy if I could watch it with legal subs. I was also planning on Dream Eater. To the argument about whether or not they'll be picked up by a company that will release them on DVD, I'm wondering if the fact that they're being licensed by CR kind of makes it easier for other companies? o_O I dunno.

einhorn303 wrote:
I just hope Fractale's license is still secure for Funimation, with talk of CR streaming Wandering Son.

WUT. FUNi got it? When did this happen? What rock have I been under?! Because that'd bump it up on my watchlist big-time...and CR might be streaming Hourou Musuko? Wao. This season just got a psychological boost. Now I can feel better about myself while I watch! Very Happy
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Reaper gI wrote:
Which were?
Besides the normal, everything that airs on TV Tokyo

I don't know where they air, but Level-E, Korewa Zombie Desu ka and Wandering Son (and Mitsudomoe second season but that was a gimmie). Dragon Crisis was also leaked and that was announced just now too.
Reaper gI wrote:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/TBS
I get the you can't view this publisher message.

Would seem to sugest TBS shows are possible.

spoiler[
/library/Madoka_Magica
/library/Freezing

Okay, I didn't know that.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
ZipZapZopTitania wrote:

WUT. FUNi got it? When did this happen? What rock have I been under?! Because that'd bump it up on my watchlist big-time...and CR might be streaming Hourou Musuko? Wao. This season just got a psychological boost. Now I can feel better about myself while I watch! Very Happy

Those are the two new noitaminA shows and, since Funimation has been streaming them for the past three seasons, it's likely they'll continue to. And someone on CR did some link searching magic and that's where the Wandering Son guess came from (plus I think CR and Funimation have simulcast the same show before, don't remember which one however).
einhorn303

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
ZipZapZopTitania wrote:

Those are the two new noitaminA shows and, since Funimation has been streaming them for the past three seasons, it's likely they'll continue to. And someone on CR did some link searching magic and that's where the Wandering Son guess came from (plus I think CR and Funimation have simulcast the same show before, don't remember which one however).

I'm not sure they've simulcasted the same show before. CR starting simulcasting Strike Witches II, and then Funimation licensed it during a summer con and said they would start simulcasting it with a week delay, then never did.

Funi also licensed the second season of "Heaven's Lost Property" while CR was simulcasting it, and they have the episodes up on their video site...but I'm not sure Funi actually streamed the show as it aired.

CR did share a simulcast with TAN once, though ("Demon King Daimao").
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:
Dammit! I was really hoping someone else would get Gosick. I really love this series, I wanted to collect it on DVD someday...! Crying or Very sad

There is nothing necessarily keeping anyone from picking up the license for DVD distribution in the future. It has happened before.

Yeah I agree just look at Durarara, Linebarrels of Iron, Gintama, The Tower of Druaga, Blassreiter, and Koihime Muso were all simulcasted on CR at one point and they got licensed and released on DVD stateside. Also series that were on there for a while unlicensed in the US like Glass Mask, La Corda Oro, Neo Angelique Abyss, and Eyeshield 21 were released on DVD recently by Sentai so just because its on CR doesn't automatically mean there is no chance for a DVD release stateside.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
I'm not sure they've simulcasted the same show before.
... no. They have streamed the same show before, but it was some form of non-exclusive electronic rights, possibly when firms like GeneonUSA were in their desperate race to lose money on every show they licensed but to make it up on volume ~ it may be that some R1 licensors in those days took some shortcuts on what rights they picked up in order to shave a bit off their licensing costs.

But while Crunchy shares the ad-stream for Bleach and Naruto episodes with Viz, after a week exclusive subscriber stream, and shared Demon Kind Daimo with TAN, they've never actually shared a streaming licensed with Funimation, its always been rights arrived at by distinct avenues.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4