• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation August 2013 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
TRSI has updated Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail to BD/DVD combo. Guilty Crown got added as well.
Thanks for that update WTK. I personally feel much better to hear that it was probably a mistake and will pre-order.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
Phew!! False alarm. Pre-ordering now. Very Happy
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote
Nice to see lots of new stuff from Funimation. Eureka Seven and Black Lagoon for me, but I have to wonder why the LE of Guilty Crown is so pricey?
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
Any confirmation about Future Diary being a combo or not? Racs says yes, RS says no. If dvd only, no buy for me. And it pains me to say that as I like to buy all the shows I enjoyed.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Nice to see lots of new stuff from Funimation. Eureka Seven and Black Lagoon for me, but I have to wonder why the LE of Guilty Crown is so pricey?

Well, if you look at the box art on RACS, you'll notice that the art box is... PRETTY BIG.

I'm thinking maybe some exclusive pack-in, like an artbook or such?
WTK

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Any confirmation about Future Diary being a combo or not? Racs says yes, RS says no. If dvd only, no buy for me. And it pains me to say that as I like to buy all the shows I enjoyed.

I checked with FUNi, it's DVD only. The price point also support that.

EDIT: also listed as DVD only by FUNimation.com (http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/coming-soon-to-blu-ray-and-dvd/706721)

Last edited by WTK on Thu May 16, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Thanks WTK. Guess it will go on the back burner and hope for an eventual Bluray release.
SummerofLove

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:48 am Reply with quote
Is the Eureka Seven AO release dubbed or just subbed? I think I remember reading that Funimation was releasing the series dubbed on October 15 or something but just wanted to confirm.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:54 am Reply with quote
I believe the AO dub cast has been selected, I'm assuming that this release will be sub only unless they push back or the dubbing happens extremely quickly
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:13 am Reply with quote
See below again. P1 is Aug 13th and P2 is Oct 15th. The series is getting dubbed (I'm not sure why that's even in question).

http://www.funimation.com/lee/blog/english-cast-announcements-for-eureka-seven-ao-and-michiko-hatchin/7669472?
Quote:
This is the official confirmed cast list for Eureka Seven AO, so if you see some weird nonsense on the web about Monica playing AO and Micah playing Naru, it's just silliness. Part one will be available on August 13, 2013 and Part two will be available on October 15, 2013.
Calibrator

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
How much you wanna bet Funi is gonna screw up Black Lagoon's release with a "limited edition" that has a chipboard box too small to fit the first two seasons?
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
^^It doesnt say they're releasing it limited edition, so chances are, no they wont have a chipboard box. Not unless they announce later as a gift with purchase or something.

And if they do, they'll fit it to their release of the first two seasons, not the Geneon ones
Calibrator

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
^^It doesnt say they're releasing it limited edition, so chances are, no they wont have a chipboard box. Not unless they announce later as a gift with purchase or something.

Rofl, which in and of itself is a screw-up considering the shoddy, oversize slipcase they designed for the first two-seasons.

That said, the listing is too early; they never release details this ahead of time, it will probably be another month or so until we know. Or, in Hellsing's case, a week before release.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Rofl, which in and of itself is a screw-up considering the shoddy, oversize slipcase they designed for the first two-seasons.

If they do have a chip board set for their releases, then usually your expected to discard the slip case and just put the case in the boxset. They dont make the slip cases expecting you to put them in the chipboards, thats why they don't size the chip boards to hold the slip cases too. The slip cases are usually treated as a stand in if a chip board isnt available.

I also never got why people have such a vendetta with Funimation's packaging. Do the cases hold the discs and can I put them on a shelf? Yes? Cool, that's good enough for me. If anything, if the packaging is the worst thing we can complain about funimation, I'll take that over problems with the discs or weak production values on dubs and/or subs
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Calibrator wrote:
How much you wanna bet Funi is gonna screw up Black Lagoon's release with a "limited edition" that has a chipboard box too small to fit the first two seasons?

How much you wanna bet you'll continue to sound like a whiny bitch in every single one of your posts?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5