• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Stale Phantasia

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
whiskeyii wrote:
Can anyone explain to me how sound novels work?

It's largely a matter of trademarks. "Sound novel" is a trademark of Chunsoft, so other companies use the term "visual novel". At least, if Wikipedia is to be believed. Think background music and sound effects.

To add more since visual novels/sound novels are my thing:

Higurashi, Umineko, and Higanbana are also great examples of sound novels that focus more on telling a story through the text on screen, music and sfx. music. Here is example of an umineko bgm and Higanbana bgm below, now tell me do these not set a mood??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAKkw71ff3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F52K7Lln6UQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Bravely Default: This is the going to be the game that'll be at the top of the FAQs and boards charts for a good long time (of course it is right now, but you know). It's really good in many areas and the story's twist is pretty impressive writing, especially when you consider spoiler[why the localization removes the Flying Fairy subtitle].

Actually, this isn't a port of spoiler[Flying Fairy]even though that's what's shown on the NA box art, its actually the update version spoiler[For the Sequel.]

Which even though its the same game, its just like most of SE's re-releases with more added content that wasn't included in the game's 1st run.

OT: This weeks X button is more or less up and down about stuff. (No pun intended.)
Vent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Todd straight bustin' on Pearl for no reason.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Actually, this isn't a port of spoiler[Flying Fairy]even though that's what's shown on the NA box art, its actually the update version spoiler[For the Sequel.]

Which even though its the same game, its just like most of SE's re-releases with more added content that wasn't included in the game's 1st run.

I know, but the whole point to Flying Fairy needs to be hidden otherwise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2