• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan's Marvel Crossover Also Features Guardians of the Galaxy

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr.c3mm3r

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
I... might actually read this! I'm not a huge fan of Attack on TItan because to my eye everything besides the initial concept is basically one trope after another, but I do think these sorts of silly nonsensical things lighten the mood, which it definitely needs. There's gotta be a balance between horror and hope, and AoT has been leaning almost exclusively on horror for a really long time.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:02 am Reply with quote
While it does seem a bit silly when thinking about power levels, people are still gonna read it just because it's combining two incredibly popular franchises. Probably would be more interesting if they only used the heroes like Spider-Man, Captain America or Black Widow who wouldn't have as much of an advantage. Maybe the others can be tied up with spoiler[Annie calling over a never-ending supply of regular titans] or something else outrageous.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Or maybe, some of the Marvel heroes will become Titans themselves. Super-powered and hungry Titans.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Miyanoai wrote:
While it does seem a bit silly when thinking about power levels, people are still gonna read it just because it's combining two incredibly popular franchises. Probably would be more interesting if they only used the heroes like Spider-Man, Captain America or Black Widow who wouldn't have as much of an advantage. Maybe the others can be tied up with spoiler[Annie calling over a never-ending supply of regular titans] or something else outrageous.

Keep in mind the number of Titans we could be dealing with they two man weapons are their size and numbers not just their size. Many heroes could fight one titan off but three or more to one hero things get tricky.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
ReifuTD wrote:
Miyanoai wrote:

Keep in mind the number of Titans we could be dealing with they two man weapons are their size and numbers not just their size. Many heroes could fight one titan off but three or more to one hero things get tricky.

Exactly, which is why I hope they being numbers into the mix instead of just the three main ones to keep things interesting.
oblivious247

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Look at at all these people underestimating spider-man. dude's fast, has what is essentially low level precognition and can knock a guy's jaw off with a mere fraction of his strength. Admittedly if you threw a couple titans at him he would have some trouble. But he would run circles around one. The avengers have a massive advantage here with 2 class 100s, those capable of strength feats over 100 tons, in Thor and Hulk. They've got a class 20 in Spider-man, and one of the best tacticians in the Marvel universe in Captain America. Throw in the class 50 Drax the Destroyer, and this is a curbstomp of the highest order.
DCR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 am Reply with quote
oblivious247 wrote:
Look at at all these people underestimating spider-man. dude's fast, has what is essentially low level precognition and can knock a guy's jaw off with a mere fraction of his strength. Admittedly if you threw a couple titans at him he would have some trouble. But he would run circles around one.

Yeah, Spidey would make Levi and Mikasa look like Arnim.

But you overestimate a bit the strenght level of the heroes, as the crossover will use the movie versions (, not the comics'. So no class 50 Drax.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
DCR wrote:
oblivious247 wrote:
Look at at all these people underestimating spider-man. dude's fast, has what is essentially low level precognition and can knock a guy's jaw off with a mere fraction of his strength. Admittedly if you threw a couple titans at him he would have some trouble. But he would run circles around one.

Yeah, Spidey would make Levi and Mikasa look like Arnim.

But you overestimate a bit the strenght level of the heroes, as the crossover will use the movie versions (, not the comics'. So no class 50 Drax.

I figured that would be the case. Makes a lot more sense. As for the speed thing, I feel Levi and Mikasa would actually be a lot faster without the those huge boxes full of gas that they have to lug (seriously how uncomfortable can those things be?). What I wanna see is Spidey see the gear and sass them about it but that's not gonna happen. D:
MajinSaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
ReifuTD wrote:
Miyanoai wrote:

Thor can blow stars up, fly at several millions of times the speed of light, and do other crazy shit. A billion titans would be like a speck of dust to the God Of Thunder Twisted Evil.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2