• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Chivalry of the Failed Knight Anime's Cast, Staff, Visual Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DenjinZ

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
The LN covers give me a C3 vibe with the main girl being on almost all of them. Though, this one at least let one other char have the spotlight for at least one volume. All 17 vols of C4 just had Fear in different outfits...which wasn't a bad thing.
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:32 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
Calico wrote:
You know, I'm genuinely curious how this fantasy harem LN adaptation is different from the "Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle" and "Hundred" fantasy harem LN adaptations. They all kind of feel the same to me. Aren't people going to get tired of this stuff if it keeps over-saturating the market like this?

One is a girl school with one boy and the other is coed. They also have a different story.

Story is different, yes, but all the sh*tload of LN clichés they share together isn't even funny. Fundamentally they are I would say 70% similar.
It is only natural that they share a lot of "cliches" because they share the same genre. They are all harem so it will only be natural that they have the harem, ecchi, and other things in common. I honestly don't mind series sharing the same genre and other things as long as the story is different. I may be more accepting and understanding than most though. I just watch anime for entertainment.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:51 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:

Story is different, yes, but all the sh*tload of LN clichés they share together isn't even funny. Fundamentally they are I would say 70% similar.

They're all already mining the same well: teenage/high school. There's only so many stories out of one well. Think about it - how many high school/teenage stories could ya personally think of? Now imagine everybody else in your profession doing the very same thing.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
I meant that I would watch for Stella's Most Common Superpower.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:39 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I meant that I would watch for Stella's Most Common Superpower.

Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2