• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live Film's New Single Sets Franchise Record in 1st-Week Sales

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:21 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

99% of the time, if it's zoomed out view of the whole stage then it's CGI. If it's zoomed in then it's not. It looks bad because the girls all look like robots in impossible synchronization. It takes away the humanity of the characters and replaces them with robots. There is no flair, just a bland Miku Miku Dance-esque rote routine to be performed without any soul or personality.

The sad thing is that they don't even need to do this. Love Live makes a ton of money that they could simply do the entire routing by hand, and yet they can't even do that. It's baffling to be honest.

Quite frankly that's bollocks. If you look properly at the distance CG scene's they are NOT in perfect sync. Each character actually has different moves so it's not even possible. That's why it doesn't look too bad. The only real issue I have is their faces which look plastic.

Last edited by ScruffyKiwi on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2