• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Anime Reveals New Theme Song, New 'Silver Mine' Arc Before Zou Arc Starts

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm okay with this. One Piece filler tends to be better than average; the G8 and Ice Hunter arcs are as good as most canon arcs, and the Straw Hat Separation Arc actually added a lot of great stuff that the manga glossed over.

More to the point, the anime is closer to catching up to the manga right now than it's ever been before, so I wouldn't be surprised if this filler arc is a long one. I kind of hope it is, just so the pace of the anime can pick up a bit once they get to Zou.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Nice try, but the Fourth Great Ninja War arc was only 73 episodes from 261 to 340 (with the six episode Chikara filler arc crammed in the middle). That was followed by the Ten-Tails Revival arc from 341 to 348 (7 eps), then a filler break (Shadow of the Anbu arc), then back from 362 to 393 (31 eps), then filler (Naruto's Back: The tracks of his friends arc), then 414 to 426 ending (12 eps). Then multiple filler arcs from 427 to 458 (Dream World arc, Jiraiya Ninja Scroll arc, Itachi Shinden arc). Then back to canon with the Kaguya Ootsutsuki Strikes arc from 459 to present. In the past four years (not five) they've only had 128 canon episodes (a little less than two and a half years worth), that's not very impressive. The Dressrosa arc had its entire run with no major filler.

Emerje

Everything from the beginning of the war to the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke is part of the Ninja War. The fight with the Tailed Beasts, Tobi, Madara, and Kaguya are happening as the war is going on. It is one long continuous storyline that just goes from one villain reveal to the next and then to the next villain reveal. I would even say the summit of the 5 kages is part of the Ninja war arc because so much of that is directly connected with the Ninja war arc and leads into it. The way you are breaking it down then you should cut the Dressrosa arc in half and call the first half the Tournament arc and the second half the Dressrosa arc.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Nice try, but the Fourth Great Ninja War arc was only 73 episodes from 261 to 340 (with the six episode Chikara filler arc crammed in the middle). That was followed by the Ten-Tails Revival arc from 341 to 348 (7 eps), then a filler break (Shadow of the Anbu arc), then back from 362 to 393 (31 eps), then filler (Naruto's Back: The tracks of his friends arc), then 414 to 426 ending (12 eps). Then multiple filler arcs from 427 to 458 (Dream World arc, Jiraiya Ninja Scroll arc, Itachi Shinden arc). Then back to canon with the Kaguya Ootsutsuki Strikes arc from 459 to present. In the past four years (not five) they've only had 128 canon episodes (a little less than two and a half years worth), that's not very impressive. The Dressrosa arc had its entire run with no major filler.

Emerje

Everything from the beginning of the war to the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke is part of the Ninja War. The fight with the Tailed Beasts, Tobi, Madara, and Kaguya are happening as the war is going on. It is one long continuous storyline that just goes from one villain reveal to the next and then to the next villain reveal. I would even say the summit of the 5 kages is part of the Ninja war arc because so much of that is directly connected with the Ninja war arc and leads into it. The way you are breaking it down then you should cut the Dressrosa arc in half and call the first half the Tournament arc and the second half the Dressrosa arc.

The Great Ninja war was a Saga composed of multiple arcs, the same was in One Piece there is the Baroque Works Saga which encompasses everything from Reverse Mountain to the end of Alabasta. Dressrosa is part of what's being called the Pirate Alliance Sage, which is Punk Hazard to Present
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
thekingsdinner wrote:
So that means Dressrosa is officially 118 episodes long, lol. Very Happy

118 episodes that is nothing Naruto has been on the Ninja War arc for 243 episodes and over 5 years and they aren't even done yet lol.

But this is the longest arc for One Piece so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2