• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex USA Outlines Kizumonogatari Part 1 Blu-ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jymmy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:54 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaaand still no dub. I'll pass - again. I mean really, how do they expect us to watch a popular anime without a dub???

Oh, it's really easy. They'll translate the script into English and use it for subtitles. It's really convenient, unless for some reason or another you have impaired sight or reading ability. It's actually quite a common practice for (non-child-targeted) licensed non-English works across just about every language and medium.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaaand still no dub. I'll pass - again. I mean really, how do they expect us to watch a popular anime without a dub???

Oh, it's really easy. They'll translate the script into English and use it for subtitles. It's really convenient, unless for some reason or another you have impaired sight or reading ability. It's actually quite a common practice for (non-child-targeted) licensed non-English works across just about every language and medium.

That's actually kind of mind-blowing and brilliant. Surprised Never would have thought of that myself! Laughing
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably pass on Kizu. I saw it in theatres and that was good enough for me. Unless the other two wow me....

Blood- wrote:
I'm still bummed out I missed my one and only chance to watch this on the big screen when it played in Toronto for a single day.

I could have sworn that it played for about a week in Toronto. I remember talking to a friend about how I should've gone to the Tuesday screening instead of Monday in order to catch the Tuesday discount.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quote
That's possible, actually. I remember seeing it was playing on a Tuesday night and I couldn't make it and it seemed like it would be playing longer, but then when I checked on the Thursday after that Tuesday, it was already gone. But yeah, it is possible it was playing for more than just one night. For me, it doesn't matter because I somehow managed to miss them all. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2